Saturday, April 24, 2010

alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets - 25 new messages in 6 topics - digest

Buzz It
alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets?hl=en

alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets@googlegroups.com

Today's topics:

* Report: Faneca will be cut Monday... - 4 messages, 3 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets/t/6a8bb967bbee0478?hl=en
* Leon traded to Seattle... - 15 messages, 4 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets/t/228e265ca4382bd2?hl=en
* Slauson and Ducasse to compete for starting LG spot - 2 messages, 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets/t/fd8865e74aa7c1a4?hl=en
* Inscrutable Pick - 2 messages, 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets/t/a66fffb30f5757d4?hl=en
* Pats take Spikes.... - 1 messages, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets/t/3f63f87a51dfef47?hl=en
* Cimini says Faneca was released... - 1 messages, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets/t/76dba51e6e535294?hl=en

==============================================================================
TOPIC: Report: Faneca will be cut Monday...
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets/t/6a8bb967bbee0478?hl=en
==============================================================================

== 1 of 4 ==
Date: Sat, Apr 24 2010 3:11 pm
From: graybeard


On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 17:57:35 -0400 MZ <mark@nospam.void> wrote:

>If they don't, and
>they're pinning all their hopes on Ducasse, it's a very risky move.

Especially since Dusasse's weakest skill is supposed to be, guess what?
PASS BLOCKING!
--
graybeard


== 2 of 4 ==
Date: Sat, Apr 24 2010 4:41 pm
From: Michael


On Apr 24, 6:11 pm, graybeard <graybe...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 17:57:35 -0400 MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
>
> >If they don't, and
> >they're pinning all their hopes on Ducasse, it's a very risky move.
>
> Especially since Dusasse's weakest skill is supposed to be, guess what?
> PASS BLOCKING!
> --
> graybeard

He was said to be less of a pass blocker than a run blocker. Dont
forget, in college, he was a tackel. You can be an average pass
blocker as a tackle and a great one as a guard. I think his future is
as a guard because of his arm length and shape. He's built like a
guard. I dont see him beating out Slauson though for the LG spot this
season. Woody, I think has three more good seaons left. He's showing
no signs of age.


== 3 of 4 ==
Date: Sat, Apr 24 2010 7:25 pm
From: buRford


On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 14:00:00 -0400, "papa.carl44" <papadotcarl@nospamverizon.net> wrote:

>
>"buRford" <buRford@buR.ford.com> wrote in message
>news:h396t557d4snoee3eca9j0k4mj9qvu17es@4ax.com...
>> On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 05:10:17 -0700 (PDT), Glenn Greenstein
>> <lexa695@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>On Apr 24, 7:34 am, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
>>>> For whatever it's worth... an anonymous source quoted...
>>>>
>>>> Jets to cut Pro Bowl guard Alan Faneca
>>>> By Manish Mehta/The Star-Ledger
>>>> April 23, 2010, 11:47PM
>>>>
>>>> The Jets will cut nine-time Pro Bowl left guard Alan Faneca, a person
>>>> familiar with the
>>>> situation said late tonight. The person requested anonymity because he
>>>> is not authorized
>>>> to speak on the Jets' or Faneca's behalf.
>>>>
>>>> The Jets will likely make a formal announcement Monday, according to the
>>>> person.
>>>>
>>>> Faneca, 33, was reported to be on the trading block for weeks, but the
>>>> Jets couldn't find
>>>> any takers. He was scheduled to make $7.5 million this season, of which
>>>> $5.25 million is
>>>> guaranteed.
>>>>
>>>> **********
>>>>
>>>> If this is true, again, this goes into headscratcher territory.
>>>> If we cut him, we're still paying him $5.25 million. We have nobody,
>>>> really, to step up &
>>>> into his position. Vlad is supposedly raw, and needs time.
>>>> And, in this no-cap year, this is when Woody goes frugal? I understand
>>>> this saves $2,25
>>>> million, and that Faneca is far from his old self, but it's just a
>>>> strange decision with
>>>> Sanchez still a question mark.
>>>> Faneca obviously won't renegotiate, he knows a lot of teams will show
>>>> interest.
>>>> This reminds me of the Kendall situation, except we're a better team
>>>> now, and it could
>>>> have disastrous results.
>>>> Slauson? Turner? Vlad?
>>>> Hopefully, there's a better plan B...
>>>
>>>Unless they plan on picking up someone which is going to be difficult
>>>due to the top 8 rule, I can't figure this out.
>>>Michael will be out celebrating all week after it happens.
>>
>> Lots of curious moves today, Glenn.
>> Faneca gone... Leon gone... only O picks... no added depth, just reworking
>> our backfield,
>> and weakening our OL.
>
>I was beginning to think they had a clue, that the tide had changed, that
>the Jets had become a smart team that really did want to build and win...now
>I'm back to SOJisms.....not very smart IMHO. I predict their somewhat over
>the hill LT gets hurt, and Greene will also be often injured with neither of
>them every solid and no plan B to go to...and all of that with an O line
>that does not know how to come together entirely. That is the one place
>where change will wreak havoc. Who replaces Faneca? And Michael I don't
>want to hear your turnstyle theory, the facts don't indicate that. He was a
>huge force in moving the ball beyond the LOS on all the running they did and
>since Sanchez should be more effective in a play action type offense, set up
>pass blocking should not be the number one thing to judge. They will rue
>the day the got rid of TJ, he was able to play hurt..none of the backs they
>have now can or will do that. OK, I'm old, and way too conditioned to Jets
>football, I liked coaching in high school where we could walk over to the
>Freshman field and take a look at what we would be getting, or in a scrimage
>some night see a JV kid light the star back up with a tackle...those were
>the moments I would smile and say, "I just found my pass rusher, or my
>'situational' line backer"....but all this not knowing who the Hell is going
>to fill a job drives me nuts.
>

I still think our running game will be the main focus, and no matter what the spin is, our
running game has been weakened by the Faneca move.


== 4 of 4 ==
Date: Sat, Apr 24 2010 7:47 pm
From: Michael


On Apr 24, 10:25 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 14:00:00 -0400, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net> wrote:
>
> >"buRford" <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message
> >news:h396t557d4snoee3eca9j0k4mj9qvu17es@4ax.com...
> >> On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 05:10:17 -0700 (PDT), Glenn Greenstein
> >> <lexa...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >>>On Apr 24, 7:34 am, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> >>>> For whatever it's worth... an anonymous source quoted...
>
> >>>> Jets to cut Pro Bowl guard Alan Faneca
> >>>> By Manish Mehta/The Star-Ledger
> >>>> April 23, 2010, 11:47PM
>
> >>>> The Jets will cut nine-time Pro Bowl left guard Alan Faneca, a person
> >>>> familiar with the
> >>>> situation said late tonight. The person requested anonymity because he
> >>>> is not authorized
> >>>> to speak on the Jets' or Faneca's behalf.
>
> >>>> The Jets will likely make a formal announcement Monday, according to the
> >>>> person.
>
> >>>> Faneca, 33, was reported to be on the trading block for weeks, but the
> >>>> Jets couldn't find
> >>>> any takers. He was scheduled to make $7.5 million this season, of which
> >>>> $5.25 million is
> >>>> guaranteed.
>
> >>>> **********
>
> >>>> If this is true, again, this goes into headscratcher territory.
> >>>> If we cut him, we're still paying him $5.25 million. We have nobody,
> >>>> really, to step up &
> >>>> into his position. Vlad is supposedly raw, and needs time.
> >>>> And, in this no-cap year, this is when Woody goes frugal? I understand
> >>>> this saves $2,25
> >>>> million, and that Faneca is far from his old self, but it's just a
> >>>> strange decision with
> >>>> Sanchez still a question mark.
> >>>> Faneca obviously won't renegotiate, he knows a lot of teams will show
> >>>> interest.
> >>>> This reminds me of the Kendall situation, except we're a better team
> >>>> now, and it could
> >>>> have disastrous results.
> >>>> Slauson? Turner? Vlad?
> >>>> Hopefully, there's a better plan B...
>
> >>>Unless they plan on picking up someone which is going to be difficult
> >>>due to the top 8 rule, I can't figure this out.
> >>>Michael will be out celebrating all week after it happens.
>
> >> Lots of curious moves today, Glenn.
> >> Faneca gone... Leon gone... only O picks... no added depth, just reworking
> >> our backfield,
> >> and weakening our OL.
>
> >I was beginning to think they had a clue, that the tide had changed, that
> >the Jets had become a smart team that really did want to build and win...now
> >I'm back to SOJisms.....not very smart IMHO.  I predict their somewhat over
> >the hill LT gets hurt, and Greene will also be often injured with neither of
> >them every solid and no plan B to go to...and all of that with an O line
> >that does not know how to come together entirely.  That is the one place
> >where change will wreak havoc.  Who replaces Faneca?  And Michael I don't
> >want to hear your turnstyle theory, the facts don't indicate that.  He was a
> >huge force in moving the ball beyond the LOS on all the running they did and
> >since Sanchez should be more effective in a play action type offense, set up
> >pass blocking should not be the number one thing to judge.  They will rue
> >the day the got rid of TJ, he was able to play hurt..none of the backs they
> >have now can or will do that.  OK, I'm old, and way too conditioned to Jets
> >football, I liked coaching in high school where we could walk over to the
> >Freshman field and take a look at what we would be getting, or in a scrimage
> >some night see a JV kid light the star back up with a tackle...those were
> >the moments I would smile and say, "I just found my pass rusher, or my
> >'situational' line backer"....but all this not knowing who the Hell is going
> >to fill a job drives me nuts.
>
> I still think our running game will be the main focus, and no matter what the spin is, our
> running game has been weakened by the Faneca move.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

do you have the recordings of the jets games from last season ???
watch slauson in the tampa game. If you can still tell me the running
game wil lbe worse off after that....

==============================================================================
TOPIC: Leon traded to Seattle...
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets/t/228e265ca4382bd2?hl=en
==============================================================================

== 1 of 15 ==
Date: Sat, Apr 24 2010 3:12 pm
From: MZ


Tutor wrote:
> MZ wrote:
>
>> Harlan Lachman wrote:
>>
>>> In article <9uOdna8OwfZIyE7WnZ2dnUVZ_jyqKgAA@giganews.com>,
>>> MZ <mark@nospam.void> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Harlan Lachman wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> In article <9uOdnawOwfYC2k7WnZ2dnUVZ_jw3t52d@giganews.com>,
>>>>> MZ <mark@nospam.void> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Harlan Lachman wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> In article <j286t5pvb1pk7oc2ti074eaqgn16q7p4cf@4ax.com>,
>>>>>>> buRford <buRford@buR.ford.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 12:43:26 -0400, buRford
>>>>>>>> <buRford@buR.ford.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> ...together with our 7th pick, for a 5th today.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Now I understand McKnight, but....
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> and we picked Kentucky FB John Conner, with the 5th.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Starting to think that Tanny sometimes trades, just for the sake
>>>>>>>> of it.
>>>>>>>> Leon must be pretty far from being ready to play... maybe ever?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> No, I think Demetrious summed it up. It is all about the money.
>>>>>>> Tanny got a back up for TR and time to train him and got a
>>>>>>> replacement for Leon and next year avoids letting Leon walk for
>>>>>>> nothing if there is a CBA.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> $$$
>>>>>>
>>>>>> If there's a CBA and Leon walked, they probably would have gotten
>>>>>> a 5th round compensatory pick in '12.
>>>>>
>>>>> A pick for a player they want today is worth more than a pick in
>>>>> the same round in two years from now, plus he goes to the west
>>>>> coast in a different conference.
>>>>
>>>> Still way lower than what any of us had been talking about
>>>> previously. I was even hesitant to see him go for a 2nd in '10, let
>>>> alone a 5th in '11 (and minus a 7th). I think they really screwed
>>>> the pooch here.
>>>>
>>>> What did they trade for Cromartie for a one year rental? A
>>>> conditional 2nd/3rd in '11? See what I mean?
>>>
>>>
>>> Mark, it remains to be seen which fourth round pick, either after the
>>> Jets started or ended picking, would have made a difference on the OL
>>> or DL. Maybe lots. Maybe none.
>>>
>>> But, they clearly were not impressed with any and chose McNight.
>>> While they would have wanted more before the draft, the lack of
>>> interest in the wounded warrior until the fifth round and having his
>>> replacement made the move logical. They might have gotten nothing
>>> holding on to him, other than folks picking sides as to who should go
>>> and stay.
>>
>>
>> I think they should have kept him and let him play out his contract.
>> In my view, he was the best player on the offense. Aside from
>> Mangold, but centers don't count.
>
>
> Tannenbaum said he wouldn't start the season. And they wouldn't be able
> to pay him the $$ he would command for a new contract following the
> season due to all the other contracts that will be higher priority.
>
> You have to admit, getting a 5th for a player who may never be able to
> cut with the same speed and precision again isn't a bad deal. Leon's
> whole game depends on his lightening cuts. Shave off a split second and
> he changes from explosive to pedestrian. Again, he has been my favorite
> player for several years. This hurts. But it is the smart move and I
> understand it. Sadly.

That's a huge conclusion you're drawing. That he won't cut ever again
because he might start the season on PUP?

Yes, if you're right that he'll never be able to play again, then it's a
good deal for the Jets. The Seahawks would therefore need to invest in
some team physicians so they don't get bamboozled like this ever again.


== 2 of 15 ==
Date: Sat, Apr 24 2010 3:17 pm
From: MZ


Tutor wrote:
> Michael wrote:
>
>> On Apr 24, 5:53 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
>>
>>> Michael wrote:
>>>
>>>> He'll do what Leon can do for less
>>>> money.
>>>
>>> Didn't you just tell me yesterday that we can't count on guys that are
>>> drafted? You've already elevated a 4th rounder into top-tier RB status?
>>
>>
>> Who can you count on more... A ball carrier that can play or a ball
>> carrier that cant ???
>>
>>
>>
>>>> Then go look at
>>>> how well Matt Slauson played when he came in for Faneca. Slauson was
>>>> blasing out holes like the Husker guard that he is.
>>>
>>> If Slauson is better than Faneca, why didn't they start him instead when
>>> they had the chance?
>>
>>
>> My guess here is that they felt Faneca was better prepaired. Slauson
>> did come in for him last season and he did an excellent job. Like I
>> was saying before, I think the felt they could kiss Fancea off because
>> Slauson was proving himself a viable replacement. I loved the Slauson
>> pick last year. Yet one more indication that they do quality
>> evaluation. Tanny and his crew are slick dudes that know quality.
>
>
> Ridiculous question from Mark. Slauson will have the chance to practice
> throughout the summer with the first team. He did not last year. Huge
> difference. Apples and oranges. I still think our 2nd rd pick is
> destined to replace Woody at RT in 2011.


How come when I say things like "Patrick Chung will step in and be the
next Rodney", or "Darius Butler will make us forget about Asante
Samuel", or "Julian Edelman is a second Wes Welker" I get laughed at.
But when you all conclude that Slauson is a starting guard based SOLELY
on the fact that they cut Faneca, it's perfectly valid?

What you're doing is called begging the question. While the rest of us
are asking if Tannenbaum is making a good decision, the whole basis for
your argument is that Tannenbaum MUST be making a good decision, and
your conclusions are being drawn from that. Logic 101, Tut.


== 3 of 15 ==
Date: Sat, Apr 24 2010 3:22 pm
From: Tutor


MZ wrote:

> Tutor wrote:
>
>> Michael wrote:
>>
>>> On Apr 24, 5:53 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Michael wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> He'll do what Leon can do for less
>>>>> money.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Didn't you just tell me yesterday that we can't count on guys that are
>>>> drafted? You've already elevated a 4th rounder into top-tier RB
>>>> status?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Who can you count on more... A ball carrier that can play or a ball
>>> carrier that cant ???
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>> Then go look at
>>>>> how well Matt Slauson played when he came in for Faneca. Slauson was
>>>>> blasing out holes like the Husker guard that he is.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> If Slauson is better than Faneca, why didn't they start him instead
>>>> when
>>>> they had the chance?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> My guess here is that they felt Faneca was better prepaired. Slauson
>>> did come in for him last season and he did an excellent job. Like I
>>> was saying before, I think the felt they could kiss Fancea off because
>>> Slauson was proving himself a viable replacement. I loved the Slauson
>>> pick last year. Yet one more indication that they do quality
>>> evaluation. Tanny and his crew are slick dudes that know quality.
>>
>>
>>
>> Ridiculous question from Mark. Slauson will have the chance to
>> practice throughout the summer with the first team. He did not last
>> year. Huge difference. Apples and oranges. I still think our 2nd rd
>> pick is destined to replace Woody at RT in 2011.
>
>
>
> How come when I say things like "Patrick Chung will step in and be the
> next Rodney", or "Darius Butler will make us forget about Asante
> Samuel", or "Julian Edelman is a second Wes Welker" I get laughed at.
> But when you all conclude that Slauson is a starting guard based SOLELY
> on the fact that they cut Faneca, it's perfectly valid?
>
> What you're doing is called begging the question. While the rest of us
> are asking if Tannenbaum is making a good decision, the whole basis for
> your argument is that Tannenbaum MUST be making a good decision, and
> your conclusions are being drawn from that. Logic 101, Tut.


Incorrect. I make no such assumption. But I do acknowledge the
economic basis for both the Faneca and Washington moves. WIthout
including that consideration, the debate is incomplete. Outside of
economic issues, i woould ery much like to keep Faneca around for
another year and Leon until we could find ouot if he can return to form.
I would not like either move at all but for the ability of the Jets to
retain its key players into 2011 and beyond. Sacrificing Faneca and
Leon now is the price for maintaining Brick, mangold, Revis, and others.
I wholeheartedly believe that's why Tanny is doing this now. But
few fans on this particular forum are embracing that as the reason. I
guerss you all think Tanbny is lying when he says that. LOL.


== 4 of 15 ==
Date: Sat, Apr 24 2010 3:24 pm
From: Tutor


Tutor wrote:

> MZ wrote:
>
>> Tutor wrote:
>>
>>> Michael wrote:
>>>
>>>> On Apr 24, 5:53 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Michael wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> He'll do what Leon can do for less
>>>>>> money.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Didn't you just tell me yesterday that we can't count on guys that are
>>>>> drafted? You've already elevated a 4th rounder into top-tier RB
>>>>> status?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Who can you count on more... A ball carrier that can play or a ball
>>>> carrier that cant ???
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>> Then go look at
>>>>>> how well Matt Slauson played when he came in for Faneca. Slauson was
>>>>>> blasing out holes like the Husker guard that he is.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> If Slauson is better than Faneca, why didn't they start him instead
>>>>> when
>>>>> they had the chance?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> My guess here is that they felt Faneca was better prepaired. Slauson
>>>> did come in for him last season and he did an excellent job. Like I
>>>> was saying before, I think the felt they could kiss Fancea off because
>>>> Slauson was proving himself a viable replacement. I loved the Slauson
>>>> pick last year. Yet one more indication that they do quality
>>>> evaluation. Tanny and his crew are slick dudes that know quality.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Ridiculous question from Mark. Slauson will have the chance to
>>> practice throughout the summer with the first team. He did not last
>>> year. Huge difference. Apples and oranges. I still think our 2nd
>>> rd pick is destined to replace Woody at RT in 2011.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> How come when I say things like "Patrick Chung will step in and be the
>> next Rodney", or "Darius Butler will make us forget about Asante
>> Samuel", or "Julian Edelman is a second Wes Welker" I get laughed at.
>> But when you all conclude that Slauson is a starting guard based
>> SOLELY on the fact that they cut Faneca, it's perfectly valid?
>>
>> What you're doing is called begging the question. While the rest of
>> us are asking if Tannenbaum is making a good decision, the whole basis
>> for your argument is that Tannenbaum MUST be making a good decision,
>> and your conclusions are being drawn from that. Logic 101, Tut.
>
>
>
> Incorrect. I make no such assumption. But I do acknowledge the
> economic basis for both the Faneca and Washington moves. WIthout
> including that consideration, the debate is incomplete. Outside of
> economic issues, i woould ery much like to keep Faneca around for
> another year and Leon until we could find ouot if he can return to form.
> I would not like either move at all but for the ability of the Jets to
> retain its key players into 2011 and beyond. Sacrificing Faneca and
> Leon now is the price for maintaining Brick, mangold, Revis, and others.
> I wholeheartedly believe that's why Tanny is doing this now. But
> few fans on this particular forum are embracing that as the reason. I
> guerss you all think Tanbny is lying when he says that. LOL.


forgive typos. arthritic right knuckles friends. I can't type worth a
lick.


== 5 of 15 ==
Date: Sat, Apr 24 2010 3:27 pm
From: MZ


Tutor wrote:
> MZ wrote:
>
>> Tutor wrote:
>>
>>> Michael wrote:
>>>
>>>> On Apr 24, 5:53 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Michael wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> He'll do what Leon can do for less
>>>>>> money.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Didn't you just tell me yesterday that we can't count on guys that are
>>>>> drafted? You've already elevated a 4th rounder into top-tier RB
>>>>> status?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Who can you count on more... A ball carrier that can play or a ball
>>>> carrier that cant ???
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>> Then go look at
>>>>>> how well Matt Slauson played when he came in for Faneca. Slauson was
>>>>>> blasing out holes like the Husker guard that he is.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> If Slauson is better than Faneca, why didn't they start him instead
>>>>> when
>>>>> they had the chance?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> My guess here is that they felt Faneca was better prepaired. Slauson
>>>> did come in for him last season and he did an excellent job. Like I
>>>> was saying before, I think the felt they could kiss Fancea off because
>>>> Slauson was proving himself a viable replacement. I loved the Slauson
>>>> pick last year. Yet one more indication that they do quality
>>>> evaluation. Tanny and his crew are slick dudes that know quality.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Ridiculous question from Mark. Slauson will have the chance to
>>> practice throughout the summer with the first team. He did not last
>>> year. Huge difference. Apples and oranges. I still think our 2nd
>>> rd pick is destined to replace Woody at RT in 2011.
>>
>>
>>
>> How come when I say things like "Patrick Chung will step in and be the
>> next Rodney", or "Darius Butler will make us forget about Asante
>> Samuel", or "Julian Edelman is a second Wes Welker" I get laughed at.
>> But when you all conclude that Slauson is a starting guard based
>> SOLELY on the fact that they cut Faneca, it's perfectly valid?
>>
>> What you're doing is called begging the question. While the rest of
>> us are asking if Tannenbaum is making a good decision, the whole basis
>> for your argument is that Tannenbaum MUST be making a good decision,
>> and your conclusions are being drawn from that. Logic 101, Tut.
>
>
> Incorrect. I make no such assumption. But I do acknowledge the
> economic basis for both the Faneca and Washington moves. WIthout
> including that consideration, the debate is incomplete. Outside of
> economic issues, i woould ery much like to keep Faneca around for
> another year and Leon until we could find ouot if he can return to form.
> I would not like either move at all but for the ability of the Jets to
> retain its key players into 2011 and beyond. Sacrificing Faneca and
> Leon now is the price for maintaining Brick, mangold, Revis, and others.
> I wholeheartedly believe that's why Tanny is doing this now. But
> few fans on this particular forum are embracing that as the reason. I
> guerss you all think Tanbny is lying when he says that. LOL.

But there's NO financial issue with Leon. In 2011, he's a free agent.
It doesn't impact their ability to extend any of those other guys one bit.

And, although I may be wrong on this point, the same appears to be true
with Faneca. Cutting him now instead of next offseason doesn't impact
their ability to extend those other guys either.

So, financials play zero part. Unless by "financials" we're talking
about how many Cadillacs Woody can afford to buy.


== 6 of 15 ==
Date: Sat, Apr 24 2010 4:37 pm
From: Michael


On Apr 24, 6:10 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
> Michael wrote:
> > On Apr 24, 5:53 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
> >> Michael wrote:
> >>> He'll do what Leon can do for less
> >>> money.
> >> Didn't you just tell me yesterday that we can't count on guys that are
> >> drafted?  You've already elevated a 4th rounder into top-tier RB status?
>
> > Who can you count on more... A ball carrier that can play or a ball
> > carrier that cant ???
>
> Leon can't play?  Cite please.
>
> >>> Then go look at
> >>> how well Matt Slauson played when he came in for Faneca.  Slauson was
> >>> blasing out holes like the Husker guard that he is.
> >> If Slauson is better than Faneca, why didn't they start him instead when
> >> they had the chance?
>
> > My guess here is that they felt Faneca was better prepaired.  Slauson
> > did come in for him last season and he did an excellent job.  Like I
> > was saying before, I think the felt they could kiss Fancea off because
> > Slauson was proving himself a viable replacement.  I loved the Slauson
> > pick last year.  Yet one more indication that they do quality
> > evaluation.  Tanny and his crew are slick dudes that know quality.
>
> Let's let him actually play before we send him to Canton.
>
> Using your logic, the Pats are going to cut Adalius Thomas, which must
> mean that they think Shawn Crable is a beast on the outside.

Huh ??? i dont get... Two different things. I cant comment on
Crable. You know what I think of AD. He's great so long as he has an
unobstructed lane to the qb. Who the hell knows... May be they like
Crable. I dont sit on on Jets or Pats coaching conversations. I'm
just betting the Jets like Slauson and they know as I do that Faneca
is done. Slauson's performance when he came in was excellent, so it
helps my case. Do you think Rex and Tanny are nutz ??? Would the
leave them without a guy who could step in at guard ??? I think not.
You'll see my man Slauson win the job and blast away.


== 7 of 15 ==
Date: Sat, Apr 24 2010 4:45 pm
From: MZ


Michael wrote:
> On Apr 24, 6:10 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
>> Michael wrote:
>>> On Apr 24, 5:53 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
>>>> Michael wrote:
>>>>> He'll do what Leon can do for less
>>>>> money.
>>>> Didn't you just tell me yesterday that we can't count on guys that are
>>>> drafted? You've already elevated a 4th rounder into top-tier RB status?
>>> Who can you count on more... A ball carrier that can play or a ball
>>> carrier that cant ???
>> Leon can't play? Cite please.
>>
>>>>> Then go look at
>>>>> how well Matt Slauson played when he came in for Faneca. Slauson was
>>>>> blasing out holes like the Husker guard that he is.
>>>> If Slauson is better than Faneca, why didn't they start him instead when
>>>> they had the chance?
>>> My guess here is that they felt Faneca was better prepaired. Slauson
>>> did come in for him last season and he did an excellent job. Like I
>>> was saying before, I think the felt they could kiss Fancea off because
>>> Slauson was proving himself a viable replacement. I loved the Slauson
>>> pick last year. Yet one more indication that they do quality
>>> evaluation. Tanny and his crew are slick dudes that know quality.
>> Let's let him actually play before we send him to Canton.
>>
>> Using your logic, the Pats are going to cut Adalius Thomas, which must
>> mean that they think Shawn Crable is a beast on the outside.
>
> Huh ??? i dont get... Two different things. I cant comment on
> Crable. You know what I think of AD. He's great so long as he has an
> unobstructed lane to the qb. Who the hell knows... May be they like
> Crable. I dont sit on on Jets or Pats coaching conversations. I'm
> just betting the Jets like Slauson and they know as I do that Faneca
> is done. Slauson's performance when he came in was excellent, so it
> helps my case. Do you think Rex and Tanny are nutz ??? Would the
> leave them without a guy who could step in at guard ??? I think not.
> You'll see my man Slauson win the job and blast away.

My point was that sometimes coaches cut players even without a backup
plan. It's very possible that their rationale is that Slauson has shown
them in practice that he's ready to be a starter. But there are other
possibilities too. For example, maybe they envision Ducasse as the
likely starter. Or, maybe they cut Faneca because Woody is trying to
save some money.

Actually, the last possibility makes the most sense since it's an
uncapped year. At least until someone can explain to me how cutting him
now instead of next offseason will save them '11 cap dollars.


== 8 of 15 ==
Date: Sat, Apr 24 2010 6:02 pm
From: Michael


On Apr 24, 7:45 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
> Michael wrote:
> > On Apr 24, 6:10 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
> >> Michael wrote:
> >>> On Apr 24, 5:53 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
> >>>> Michael wrote:
> >>>>> He'll do what Leon can do for less
> >>>>> money.
> >>>> Didn't you just tell me yesterday that we can't count on guys that are
> >>>> drafted?  You've already elevated a 4th rounder into top-tier RB status?
> >>> Who can you count on more... A ball carrier that can play or a ball
> >>> carrier that cant ???
> >> Leon can't play?  Cite please.
>
> >>>>> Then go look at
> >>>>> how well Matt Slauson played when he came in for Faneca.  Slauson was
> >>>>> blasing out holes like the Husker guard that he is.
> >>>> If Slauson is better than Faneca, why didn't they start him instead when
> >>>> they had the chance?
> >>> My guess here is that they felt Faneca was better prepaired.  Slauson
> >>> did come in for him last season and he did an excellent job.  Like I
> >>> was saying before, I think the felt they could kiss Fancea off because
> >>> Slauson was proving himself a viable replacement.  I loved the Slauson
> >>> pick last year.  Yet one more indication that they do quality
> >>> evaluation.  Tanny and his crew are slick dudes that know quality.
> >> Let's let him actually play before we send him to Canton.
>
> >> Using your logic, the Pats are going to cut Adalius Thomas, which must
> >> mean that they think Shawn Crable is a beast on the outside.
>
> > Huh ??? i dont get...  Two different things.  I cant comment on
> > Crable.  You know what I think of AD.  He's great so long as he has an
> > unobstructed lane to the qb.  Who the hell knows... May be they like
> > Crable.  I dont sit on on Jets or Pats coaching conversations.  I'm
> > just betting the Jets like Slauson and they know as I do that Faneca
> > is done.  Slauson's performance when he came in was excellent, so it
> > helps my case.  Do you think Rex and Tanny are nutz ??? Would the
> > leave them without a guy who could step in at guard ??? I think not.
> > You'll see my man Slauson win the job and blast away.
>
> My point was that sometimes coaches cut players even without a backup
> plan.  It's very possible that their rationale is that Slauson has shown
> them in practice that he's ready to be a starter.  But there are other
> possibilities too.  For example, maybe they envision Ducasse as the
> likely starter.  Or, maybe they cut Faneca because Woody is trying to
> save some money.
>
> Actually, the last possibility makes the most sense since it's an
> uncapped year.  At least until someone can explain to me how cutting him
> now instead of next offseason will save them '11 cap dollars.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

Woody could care less about saving money. Look at the new digs he
built for the Jets. He wants his GM to be smart about using the cap,
but no way is Woody K pinching pennies. Here is why Faneca is gone.
He's come to the end of his career and the Jets can see it as clearly
as I can. That's why Faneca is gone. Leon is gone because they dont
believe in him post injury and they saw an inexpensive alternative
available in the draft. The last thing in the world that Woody
Johnson would do where the Jets are concerned is skimp on the cash.


== 9 of 15 ==
Date: Sat, Apr 24 2010 6:09 pm
From: MZ


Michael wrote:
> On Apr 24, 7:45 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
>> Michael wrote:
>>> On Apr 24, 6:10 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
>>>> Michael wrote:
>>>>> On Apr 24, 5:53 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
>>>>>> Michael wrote:
>>>>>>> He'll do what Leon can do for less
>>>>>>> money.
>>>>>> Didn't you just tell me yesterday that we can't count on guys that are
>>>>>> drafted? You've already elevated a 4th rounder into top-tier RB status?
>>>>> Who can you count on more... A ball carrier that can play or a ball
>>>>> carrier that cant ???
>>>> Leon can't play? Cite please.
>>>>>>> Then go look at
>>>>>>> how well Matt Slauson played when he came in for Faneca. Slauson was
>>>>>>> blasing out holes like the Husker guard that he is.
>>>>>> If Slauson is better than Faneca, why didn't they start him instead when
>>>>>> they had the chance?
>>>>> My guess here is that they felt Faneca was better prepaired. Slauson
>>>>> did come in for him last season and he did an excellent job. Like I
>>>>> was saying before, I think the felt they could kiss Fancea off because
>>>>> Slauson was proving himself a viable replacement. I loved the Slauson
>>>>> pick last year. Yet one more indication that they do quality
>>>>> evaluation. Tanny and his crew are slick dudes that know quality.
>>>> Let's let him actually play before we send him to Canton.
>>>> Using your logic, the Pats are going to cut Adalius Thomas, which must
>>>> mean that they think Shawn Crable is a beast on the outside.
>>> Huh ??? i dont get... Two different things. I cant comment on
>>> Crable. You know what I think of AD. He's great so long as he has an
>>> unobstructed lane to the qb. Who the hell knows... May be they like
>>> Crable. I dont sit on on Jets or Pats coaching conversations. I'm
>>> just betting the Jets like Slauson and they know as I do that Faneca
>>> is done. Slauson's performance when he came in was excellent, so it
>>> helps my case. Do you think Rex and Tanny are nutz ??? Would the
>>> leave them without a guy who could step in at guard ??? I think not.
>>> You'll see my man Slauson win the job and blast away.
>> My point was that sometimes coaches cut players even without a backup
>> plan. It's very possible that their rationale is that Slauson has shown
>> them in practice that he's ready to be a starter. But there are other
>> possibilities too. For example, maybe they envision Ducasse as the
>> likely starter. Or, maybe they cut Faneca because Woody is trying to
>> save some money.
>>
>> Actually, the last possibility makes the most sense since it's an
>> uncapped year. At least until someone can explain to me how cutting him
>> now instead of next offseason will save them '11 cap dollars.- Hide quoted text -
>>
>> - Show quoted text -
>
> Woody could care less about saving money. Look at the new digs he
> built for the Jets. He wants his GM to be smart about using the cap,
> but no way is Woody K pinching pennies. Here is why Faneca is gone.
> He's come to the end of his career and the Jets can see it as clearly
> as I can. That's why Faneca is gone. Leon is gone because they dont
> believe in him post injury and they saw an inexpensive alternative
> available in the draft. The last thing in the world that Woody
> Johnson would do where the Jets are concerned is skimp on the cash.

Well obviously Woody cares about saving money to SOME extent, right?
Otherwise, he'd have kept Faneca and let him compete with Robert Turner
for a backup job. So savings IS a factor. The question is how much is
it a factor? Tutor told us earlier that Faneca was cut because he
refused a pay cut. If that's true, then savings is a bigger factor than
you give it credit for.


== 10 of 15 ==
Date: Sat, Apr 24 2010 6:12 pm
From: Michael


On Apr 24, 9:09 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
> Michael wrote:
> > On Apr 24, 7:45 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
> >> Michael wrote:
> >>> On Apr 24, 6:10 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
> >>>> Michael wrote:
> >>>>> On Apr 24, 5:53 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
> >>>>>> Michael wrote:
> >>>>>>> He'll do what Leon can do for less
> >>>>>>> money.
> >>>>>> Didn't you just tell me yesterday that we can't count on guys that are
> >>>>>> drafted?  You've already elevated a 4th rounder into top-tier RB status?
> >>>>> Who can you count on more... A ball carrier that can play or a ball
> >>>>> carrier that cant ???
> >>>> Leon can't play?  Cite please.
> >>>>>>> Then go look at
> >>>>>>> how well Matt Slauson played when he came in for Faneca.  Slauson was
> >>>>>>> blasing out holes like the Husker guard that he is.
> >>>>>> If Slauson is better than Faneca, why didn't they start him instead when
> >>>>>> they had the chance?
> >>>>> My guess here is that they felt Faneca was better prepaired.  Slauson
> >>>>> did come in for him last season and he did an excellent job.  Like I
> >>>>> was saying before, I think the felt they could kiss Fancea off because
> >>>>> Slauson was proving himself a viable replacement.  I loved the Slauson
> >>>>> pick last year.  Yet one more indication that they do quality
> >>>>> evaluation.  Tanny and his crew are slick dudes that know quality.
> >>>> Let's let him actually play before we send him to Canton.
> >>>> Using your logic, the Pats are going to cut Adalius Thomas, which must
> >>>> mean that they think Shawn Crable is a beast on the outside.
> >>> Huh ??? i dont get...  Two different things.  I cant comment on
> >>> Crable.  You know what I think of AD.  He's great so long as he has an
> >>> unobstructed lane to the qb.  Who the hell knows... May be they like
> >>> Crable.  I dont sit on on Jets or Pats coaching conversations.  I'm
> >>> just betting the Jets like Slauson and they know as I do that Faneca
> >>> is done.  Slauson's performance when he came in was excellent, so it
> >>> helps my case.  Do you think Rex and Tanny are nutz ??? Would the
> >>> leave them without a guy who could step in at guard ??? I think not.
> >>> You'll see my man Slauson win the job and blast away.
> >> My point was that sometimes coaches cut players even without a backup
> >> plan.  It's very possible that their rationale is that Slauson has shown
> >> them in practice that he's ready to be a starter.  But there are other
> >> possibilities too.  For example, maybe they envision Ducasse as the
> >> likely starter.  Or, maybe they cut Faneca because Woody is trying to
> >> save some money.
>
> >> Actually, the last possibility makes the most sense since it's an
> >> uncapped year.  At least until someone can explain to me how cutting him
> >> now instead of next offseason will save them '11 cap dollars.- Hide quoted text -
>
> >> - Show quoted text -
>
> > Woody could care less about saving money.  Look at the new digs he
> > built for the Jets.  He wants his GM to be smart about using the cap,
> > but no way is Woody K pinching pennies.  Here is why Faneca is gone.
> > He's come to the end of his career and the Jets can see it as clearly
> > as I can.  That's why Faneca is gone.  Leon is gone because they dont
> > believe in him post injury and they saw an inexpensive alternative
> > available in the draft.  The last thing in the world that Woody
> > Johnson would do where the Jets are concerned is skimp on the cash.
>
> Well obviously Woody cares about saving money to SOME extent, right?
> Otherwise, he'd have kept Faneca and let him compete with Robert Turner
> for a backup job.  So savings IS a factor.  The question is how much is
> it a factor?  Tutor told us earlier that Faneca was cut because he
> refused a pay cut.  If that's true, then savings is a bigger factor than
> you give it credit for.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

holey fuk, mark... you got a talent for complicating the obvious


== 11 of 15 ==
Date: Sat, Apr 24 2010 6:24 pm
From: MZ


Michael wrote:
> On Apr 24, 9:09 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
>> Michael wrote:
>>> On Apr 24, 7:45 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
>>>> Michael wrote:
>>>>> On Apr 24, 6:10 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
>>>>>> Michael wrote:
>>>>>>> On Apr 24, 5:53 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
>>>>>>>> Michael wrote:
>>>>>>>>> He'll do what Leon can do for less
>>>>>>>>> money.
>>>>>>>> Didn't you just tell me yesterday that we can't count on guys that are
>>>>>>>> drafted? You've already elevated a 4th rounder into top-tier RB status?
>>>>>>> Who can you count on more... A ball carrier that can play or a ball
>>>>>>> carrier that cant ???
>>>>>> Leon can't play? Cite please.
>>>>>>>>> Then go look at
>>>>>>>>> how well Matt Slauson played when he came in for Faneca. Slauson was
>>>>>>>>> blasing out holes like the Husker guard that he is.
>>>>>>>> If Slauson is better than Faneca, why didn't they start him instead when
>>>>>>>> they had the chance?
>>>>>>> My guess here is that they felt Faneca was better prepaired. Slauson
>>>>>>> did come in for him last season and he did an excellent job. Like I
>>>>>>> was saying before, I think the felt they could kiss Fancea off because
>>>>>>> Slauson was proving himself a viable replacement. I loved the Slauson
>>>>>>> pick last year. Yet one more indication that they do quality
>>>>>>> evaluation. Tanny and his crew are slick dudes that know quality.
>>>>>> Let's let him actually play before we send him to Canton.
>>>>>> Using your logic, the Pats are going to cut Adalius Thomas, which must
>>>>>> mean that they think Shawn Crable is a beast on the outside.
>>>>> Huh ??? i dont get... Two different things. I cant comment on
>>>>> Crable. You know what I think of AD. He's great so long as he has an
>>>>> unobstructed lane to the qb. Who the hell knows... May be they like
>>>>> Crable. I dont sit on on Jets or Pats coaching conversations. I'm
>>>>> just betting the Jets like Slauson and they know as I do that Faneca
>>>>> is done. Slauson's performance when he came in was excellent, so it
>>>>> helps my case. Do you think Rex and Tanny are nutz ??? Would the
>>>>> leave them without a guy who could step in at guard ??? I think not.
>>>>> You'll see my man Slauson win the job and blast away.
>>>> My point was that sometimes coaches cut players even without a backup
>>>> plan. It's very possible that their rationale is that Slauson has shown
>>>> them in practice that he's ready to be a starter. But there are other
>>>> possibilities too. For example, maybe they envision Ducasse as the
>>>> likely starter. Or, maybe they cut Faneca because Woody is trying to
>>>> save some money.
>>>> Actually, the last possibility makes the most sense since it's an
>>>> uncapped year. At least until someone can explain to me how cutting him
>>>> now instead of next offseason will save them '11 cap dollars.- Hide quoted text -
>>>> - Show quoted text -
>>> Woody could care less about saving money. Look at the new digs he
>>> built for the Jets. He wants his GM to be smart about using the cap,
>>> but no way is Woody K pinching pennies. Here is why Faneca is gone.
>>> He's come to the end of his career and the Jets can see it as clearly
>>> as I can. That's why Faneca is gone. Leon is gone because they dont
>>> believe in him post injury and they saw an inexpensive alternative
>>> available in the draft. The last thing in the world that Woody
>>> Johnson would do where the Jets are concerned is skimp on the cash.
>> Well obviously Woody cares about saving money to SOME extent, right?
>> Otherwise, he'd have kept Faneca and let him compete with Robert Turner
>> for a backup job. So savings IS a factor. The question is how much is
>> it a factor? Tutor told us earlier that Faneca was cut because he
>> refused a pay cut. If that's true, then savings is a bigger factor than
>> you give it credit for.- Hide quoted text -
>>
>> - Show quoted text -
>
> holey fuk, mark... you got a talent for complicating the obvious

There's nothing complicated about it, Michael. Money's a factor. I
offered proof of that. I'd be pissed if my favorite team let the roster
get even a little bit worse in an uncapped year because of money.

I'll change my mind if someone can clarify the rule and explain to me
how either of these moves save them on the '11 cap. In Leon's case,
it's pretty clear that it doesn't. In Faneca's case, I'm wondering if
the league would allow teams to swallow amortized bonuses all this year.
I think John told me a couple months ago that they wouldn't. That
would be cool if they did, but then that begs the question -- why the F
don't they get out from under the Gholston contract??


== 12 of 15 ==
Date: Sat, Apr 24 2010 6:47 pm
From: Michael


On Apr 24, 9:24 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
> Michael wrote:
> > On Apr 24, 9:09 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
> >> Michael wrote:
> >>> On Apr 24, 7:45 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
> >>>> Michael wrote:
> >>>>> On Apr 24, 6:10 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
> >>>>>> Michael wrote:
> >>>>>>> On Apr 24, 5:53 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
> >>>>>>>> Michael wrote:
> >>>>>>>>> He'll do what Leon can do for less
> >>>>>>>>> money.
> >>>>>>>> Didn't you just tell me yesterday that we can't count on guys that are
> >>>>>>>> drafted?  You've already elevated a 4th rounder into top-tier RB status?
> >>>>>>> Who can you count on more... A ball carrier that can play or a ball
> >>>>>>> carrier that cant ???
> >>>>>> Leon can't play?  Cite please.
> >>>>>>>>> Then go look at
> >>>>>>>>> how well Matt Slauson played when he came in for Faneca.  Slauson was
> >>>>>>>>> blasing out holes like the Husker guard that he is.
> >>>>>>>> If Slauson is better than Faneca, why didn't they start him instead when
> >>>>>>>> they had the chance?
> >>>>>>> My guess here is that they felt Faneca was better prepaired.  Slauson
> >>>>>>> did come in for him last season and he did an excellent job.  Like I
> >>>>>>> was saying before, I think the felt they could kiss Fancea off because
> >>>>>>> Slauson was proving himself a viable replacement.  I loved the Slauson
> >>>>>>> pick last year.  Yet one more indication that they do quality
> >>>>>>> evaluation.  Tanny and his crew are slick dudes that know quality.
> >>>>>> Let's let him actually play before we send him to Canton.
> >>>>>> Using your logic, the Pats are going to cut Adalius Thomas, which must
> >>>>>> mean that they think Shawn Crable is a beast on the outside.
> >>>>> Huh ??? i dont get...  Two different things.  I cant comment on
> >>>>> Crable.  You know what I think of AD.  He's great so long as he has an
> >>>>> unobstructed lane to the qb.  Who the hell knows... May be they like
> >>>>> Crable.  I dont sit on on Jets or Pats coaching conversations.  I'm
> >>>>> just betting the Jets like Slauson and they know as I do that Faneca
> >>>>> is done.  Slauson's performance when he came in was excellent, so it
> >>>>> helps my case.  Do you think Rex and Tanny are nutz ??? Would the
> >>>>> leave them without a guy who could step in at guard ??? I think not.
> >>>>> You'll see my man Slauson win the job and blast away.
> >>>> My point was that sometimes coaches cut players even without a backup
> >>>> plan.  It's very possible that their rationale is that Slauson has shown
> >>>> them in practice that he's ready to be a starter.  But there are other
> >>>> possibilities too.  For example, maybe they envision Ducasse as the
> >>>> likely starter.  Or, maybe they cut Faneca because Woody is trying to
> >>>> save some money.
> >>>> Actually, the last possibility makes the most sense since it's an
> >>>> uncapped year.  At least until someone can explain to me how cutting him
> >>>> now instead of next offseason will save them '11 cap dollars.- Hide quoted text -
> >>>> - Show quoted text -
> >>> Woody could care less about saving money.  Look at the new digs he
> >>> built for the Jets.  He wants his GM to be smart about using the cap,
> >>> but no way is Woody K pinching pennies.  Here is why Faneca is gone.
> >>> He's come to the end of his career and the Jets can see it as clearly
> >>> as I can.  That's why Faneca is gone.  Leon is gone because they dont
> >>> believe in him post injury and they saw an inexpensive alternative
> >>> available in the draft.  The last thing in the world that Woody
> >>> Johnson would do where the Jets are concerned is skimp on the cash.
> >> Well obviously Woody cares about saving money to SOME extent, right?
> >> Otherwise, he'd have kept Faneca and let him compete with Robert Turner
> >> for a backup job.  So savings IS a factor.  The question is how much is
> >> it a factor?  Tutor told us earlier that Faneca was cut because he
> >> refused a pay cut.  If that's true, then savings is a bigger factor than
> >> you give it credit for.- Hide quoted text -
>
> >> - Show quoted text -
>
> > holey fuk, mark... you got a talent for complicating the obvious
>
> There's nothing complicated about it, Michael.  Money's a factor.  I
> offered proof of that.  I'd be pissed if my favorite team let the roster
> get even a little bit worse in an uncapped year because of money.
>
> I'll change my mind if someone can clarify the rule and explain to me
> how either of these moves save them on the '11 cap.  In Leon's case,
> it's pretty clear that it doesn't.  In Faneca's case, I'm wondering if
> the league would allow teams to swallow amortized bonuses all this year.
>   I think John told me a couple months ago that they wouldn't.  That
> would be cool if they did, but then that begs the question -- why the F
> don't they get out from under the Gholston contract??- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

mark... call it money if you want... i think that is bs... this is a
performance move in both the faneca and leon cases. money is the
icing on the cake. faneca is done and leon is way too big of a
question. it would be irresponsible of the tanny and co to go into
the season with a lg that cant block pee wee herman and a scat back
that might not scat...


== 13 of 15 ==
Date: Sat, Apr 24 2010 7:00 pm
From: MZ


Michael wrote:
> On Apr 24, 9:24 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
>> Michael wrote:
>>> On Apr 24, 9:09 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
>>>> Michael wrote:
>>>>> On Apr 24, 7:45 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
>>>>>> Michael wrote:
>>>>>>> On Apr 24, 6:10 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
>>>>>>>> Michael wrote:
>>>>>>>>> On Apr 24, 5:53 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>> Michael wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>> He'll do what Leon can do for less
>>>>>>>>>>> money.
>>>>>>>>>> Didn't you just tell me yesterday that we can't count on guys that are
>>>>>>>>>> drafted? You've already elevated a 4th rounder into top-tier RB status?
>>>>>>>>> Who can you count on more... A ball carrier that can play or a ball
>>>>>>>>> carrier that cant ???
>>>>>>>> Leon can't play? Cite please.
>>>>>>>>>>> Then go look at
>>>>>>>>>>> how well Matt Slauson played when he came in for Faneca. Slauson was
>>>>>>>>>>> blasing out holes like the Husker guard that he is.
>>>>>>>>>> If Slauson is better than Faneca, why didn't they start him instead when
>>>>>>>>>> they had the chance?
>>>>>>>>> My guess here is that they felt Faneca was better prepaired. Slauson
>>>>>>>>> did come in for him last season and he did an excellent job. Like I
>>>>>>>>> was saying before, I think the felt they could kiss Fancea off because
>>>>>>>>> Slauson was proving himself a viable replacement. I loved the Slauson
>>>>>>>>> pick last year. Yet one more indication that they do quality
>>>>>>>>> evaluation. Tanny and his crew are slick dudes that know quality.
>>>>>>>> Let's let him actually play before we send him to Canton.
>>>>>>>> Using your logic, the Pats are going to cut Adalius Thomas, which must
>>>>>>>> mean that they think Shawn Crable is a beast on the outside.
>>>>>>> Huh ??? i dont get... Two different things. I cant comment on
>>>>>>> Crable. You know what I think of AD. He's great so long as he has an
>>>>>>> unobstructed lane to the qb. Who the hell knows... May be they like
>>>>>>> Crable. I dont sit on on Jets or Pats coaching conversations. I'm
>>>>>>> just betting the Jets like Slauson and they know as I do that Faneca
>>>>>>> is done. Slauson's performance when he came in was excellent, so it
>>>>>>> helps my case. Do you think Rex and Tanny are nutz ??? Would the
>>>>>>> leave them without a guy who could step in at guard ??? I think not.
>>>>>>> You'll see my man Slauson win the job and blast away.
>>>>>> My point was that sometimes coaches cut players even without a backup
>>>>>> plan. It's very possible that their rationale is that Slauson has shown
>>>>>> them in practice that he's ready to be a starter. But there are other
>>>>>> possibilities too. For example, maybe they envision Ducasse as the
>>>>>> likely starter. Or, maybe they cut Faneca because Woody is trying to
>>>>>> save some money.
>>>>>> Actually, the last possibility makes the most sense since it's an
>>>>>> uncapped year. At least until someone can explain to me how cutting him
>>>>>> now instead of next offseason will save them '11 cap dollars.- Hide quoted text -
>>>>>> - Show quoted text -
>>>>> Woody could care less about saving money. Look at the new digs he
>>>>> built for the Jets. He wants his GM to be smart about using the cap,
>>>>> but no way is Woody K pinching pennies. Here is why Faneca is gone.
>>>>> He's come to the end of his career and the Jets can see it as clearly
>>>>> as I can. That's why Faneca is gone. Leon is gone because they dont
>>>>> believe in him post injury and they saw an inexpensive alternative
>>>>> available in the draft. The last thing in the world that Woody
>>>>> Johnson would do where the Jets are concerned is skimp on the cash.
>>>> Well obviously Woody cares about saving money to SOME extent, right?
>>>> Otherwise, he'd have kept Faneca and let him compete with Robert Turner
>>>> for a backup job. So savings IS a factor. The question is how much is
>>>> it a factor? Tutor told us earlier that Faneca was cut because he
>>>> refused a pay cut. If that's true, then savings is a bigger factor than
>>>> you give it credit for.- Hide quoted text -
>>>> - Show quoted text -
>>> holey fuk, mark... you got a talent for complicating the obvious
>> There's nothing complicated about it, Michael. Money's a factor. I
>> offered proof of that. I'd be pissed if my favorite team let the roster
>> get even a little bit worse in an uncapped year because of money.
>>
>> I'll change my mind if someone can clarify the rule and explain to me
>> how either of these moves save them on the '11 cap. In Leon's case,
>> it's pretty clear that it doesn't. In Faneca's case, I'm wondering if
>> the league would allow teams to swallow amortized bonuses all this year.
>> I think John told me a couple months ago that they wouldn't. That
>> would be cool if they did, but then that begs the question -- why the F
>> don't they get out from under the Gholston contract??- Hide quoted text -
>>
>> - Show quoted text -
>
> mark... call it money if you want... i think that is bs... this is a
> performance move in both the faneca and leon cases. money is the
> icing on the cake. faneca is done and leon is way too big of a
> question. it would be irresponsible of the tanny and co to go into
> the season with a lg that cant block pee wee herman and a scat back
> that might not scat...

Michael, you always seem to think that getting rid of players improves a
team. But you're wrong.. ADDING players improves a team. You can add
players without getting rid of others. I know you don't like Faneca,
but are you actually suggesting that Robert Turner is better than Faneca?

Even if the coaching staff agrees with you that Faneca's play has
declined, he would still add depth at the position and would be
insurance in case either of the unproven guys faltered. Unless you're
trying to cut costs.


== 14 of 15 ==
Date: Sat, Apr 24 2010 7:10 pm
From: Michael


On Apr 24, 10:00 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
> Michael wrote:
> > On Apr 24, 9:24 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
> >> Michael wrote:
> >>> On Apr 24, 9:09 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
> >>>> Michael wrote:
> >>>>> On Apr 24, 7:45 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
> >>>>>> Michael wrote:
> >>>>>>> On Apr 24, 6:10 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
> >>>>>>>> Michael wrote:
> >>>>>>>>> On Apr 24, 5:53 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
> >>>>>>>>>> Michael wrote:
> >>>>>>>>>>> He'll do what Leon can do for less
> >>>>>>>>>>> money.
> >>>>>>>>>> Didn't you just tell me yesterday that we can't count on guys that are
> >>>>>>>>>> drafted?  You've already elevated a 4th rounder into top-tier RB status?
> >>>>>>>>> Who can you count on more... A ball carrier that can play or a ball
> >>>>>>>>> carrier that cant ???
> >>>>>>>> Leon can't play?  Cite please.
> >>>>>>>>>>> Then go look at
> >>>>>>>>>>> how well Matt Slauson played when he came in for Faneca.  Slauson was
> >>>>>>>>>>> blasing out holes like the Husker guard that he is.
> >>>>>>>>>> If Slauson is better than Faneca, why didn't they start him instead when
> >>>>>>>>>> they had the chance?
> >>>>>>>>> My guess here is that they felt Faneca was better prepaired.  Slauson
> >>>>>>>>> did come in for him last season and he did an excellent job.  Like I
> >>>>>>>>> was saying before, I think the felt they could kiss Fancea off because
> >>>>>>>>> Slauson was proving himself a viable replacement.  I loved the Slauson
> >>>>>>>>> pick last year.  Yet one more indication that they do quality
> >>>>>>>>> evaluation.  Tanny and his crew are slick dudes that know quality.
> >>>>>>>> Let's let him actually play before we send him to Canton.
> >>>>>>>> Using your logic, the Pats are going to cut Adalius Thomas, which must
> >>>>>>>> mean that they think Shawn Crable is a beast on the outside.
> >>>>>>> Huh ??? i dont get...  Two different things.  I cant comment on
> >>>>>>> Crable.  You know what I think of AD.  He's great so long as he has an
> >>>>>>> unobstructed lane to the qb.  Who the hell knows... May be they like
> >>>>>>> Crable.  I dont sit on on Jets or Pats coaching conversations.  I'm
> >>>>>>> just betting the Jets like Slauson and they know as I do that Faneca
> >>>>>>> is done.  Slauson's performance when he came in was excellent, so it
> >>>>>>> helps my case.  Do you think Rex and Tanny are nutz ??? Would the
> >>>>>>> leave them without a guy who could step in at guard ??? I think not.
> >>>>>>> You'll see my man Slauson win the job and blast away.
> >>>>>> My point was that sometimes coaches cut players even without a backup
> >>>>>> plan.  It's very possible that their rationale is that Slauson has shown
> >>>>>> them in practice that he's ready to be a starter.  But there are other
> >>>>>> possibilities too.  For example, maybe they envision Ducasse as the
> >>>>>> likely starter.  Or, maybe they cut Faneca because Woody is trying to
> >>>>>> save some money.
> >>>>>> Actually, the last possibility makes the most sense since it's an
> >>>>>> uncapped year.  At least until someone can explain to me how cutting him
> >>>>>> now instead of next offseason will save them '11 cap dollars.- Hide quoted text -
> >>>>>> - Show quoted text -
> >>>>> Woody could care less about saving money.  Look at the new digs he
> >>>>> built for the Jets.  He wants his GM to be smart about using the cap,
> >>>>> but no way is Woody K pinching pennies.  Here is why Faneca is gone.
> >>>>> He's come to the end of his career and the Jets can see it as clearly
> >>>>> as I can.  That's why Faneca is gone.  Leon is gone because they dont
> >>>>> believe in him post injury and they saw an inexpensive alternative
> >>>>> available in the draft.  The last thing in the world that Woody
> >>>>> Johnson would do where the Jets are concerned is skimp on the cash.
> >>>> Well obviously Woody cares about saving money to SOME extent, right?
> >>>> Otherwise, he'd have kept Faneca and let him compete with Robert Turner
> >>>> for a backup job.  So savings IS a factor.  The question is how much is
> >>>> it a factor?  Tutor told us earlier that Faneca was cut because he
> >>>> refused a pay cut.  If that's true, then savings is a bigger factor than
> >>>> you give it credit for.- Hide quoted text -
> >>>> - Show quoted text -
> >>> holey fuk, mark... you got a talent for complicating the obvious
> >> There's nothing complicated about it, Michael.  Money's a factor.  I
> >> offered proof of that.  I'd be pissed if my favorite team let the roster
> >> get even a little bit worse in an uncapped year because of money.
>
> >> I'll change my mind if someone can clarify the rule and explain to me
> >> how either of these moves save them on the '11 cap.  In Leon's case,
> >> it's pretty clear that it doesn't.  In Faneca's case, I'm wondering if
> >> the league would allow teams to swallow amortized bonuses all this year.
> >>   I think John told me a couple months ago that they wouldn't.  That
> >> would be cool if they did, but then that begs the question -- why the F
> >> don't they get out from under the Gholston contract??- Hide quoted text -
>
> >> - Show quoted text -
>
> > mark... call it money if you want... i think that is bs... this is a
> > performance move in both the faneca and leon cases.  money is the
> > icing on the cake.  faneca is done and leon is way too big of a
> > question.  it would be irresponsible of the tanny and co to go into
> > the season with a lg that cant block pee wee herman and a scat back
> > that might not scat...
>
> Michael, you always seem to think that getting rid of players improves a
> team.  But you're wrong.. ADDING players improves a team.  You can add
> players without getting rid of others.  I know you don't like Faneca,
> but are you actually suggesting that Robert Turner is better than Faneca?
>
> Even if the coaching staff agrees with you that Faneca's play has
> declined, he would still add depth at the position and would be
> insurance in case either of the unproven guys faltered.  Unless you're
> trying to cut costs.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

Mark.. Again.... One more time from the top. Faneca is done. Might
as well pay the fucking equipment manager a few million to stay on for
"depth" at the guard spot. They know Slauson is gonna take over and
the got another guy in the draft for depth. Leon is not a player.
He's in injury rehab may be never to return


== 15 of 15 ==
Date: Sat, Apr 24 2010 7:49 pm
From: buRford


On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 14:34:19 -0700 (PDT), Tutor <dcat4434@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Apr 24, 12:47 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 12:43:26 -0400, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
>> >...together with our 7th pick, for a 5th today.
>>
>> >Now I understand McKnight, but....
>>
>> and we picked Kentucky FB John Conner, with the 5th.
>>
>> Starting to think that Tanny sometimes trades, just for the sake of it.
>> Leon must be pretty far from being ready to play... maybe ever?
>
>This one was financial. Mike T said that they wouldn't be able to pay
>Leon what he wanted in 2011 and that Leon would not be ready to start
>the season. Dollars and cents. I'm not fond of losing one of my
>favorite players, but I understand it.
>
>Faneca was also cut because he wouldn't take a pay cut. He was
>getting way too much money to be the WORST pass blocking starting
>guard in the NFL. Great run blocker, but a turnstile on the line. In
>fact, many people here have blamed the sacks that blew past Faneca
>incorrectly on Brick. Make no mistake about it... when it came to
>protecting the franchise QB, Faneca was the weak link on this line.
>And a ridiculously expensive one to boot. In this case, Michael is
>absolutely right.

I understand all the financials on all the moves.
But, it also is related to just plain football. If Leon was going to be ready for game 1,
then this deal probably wouldn't have been made. Tanny pretty close to admitted that.
I can live with Leon's departure, although it does bug me that we also threw in a 7th
pick. The Faneca move, though, despite his weakness passblocking, is the one that
troubles me. It weakened our OL, which still lacks depth. If we were saving his salary,
it would be understandable, but since we're paying $5+ million, it makes no sense to
weaken the running game, for that extra $2+ million. Of course, there is the possibility
that his contract had some stipulation, that if he was released, what they owed would be
prorated against how much he makes playing elewhere... or some such scenario.
But I suspect that's not the case. I think Coles had something like that in his contract.

==============================================================================
TOPIC: Slauson and Ducasse to compete for starting LG spot
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets/t/fd8865e74aa7c1a4?hl=en
==============================================================================

== 1 of 2 ==
Date: Sat, Apr 24 2010 3:12 pm
From: Tutor


Michael wrote:

> On Apr 24, 5:49 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
>
>>Michael wrote:
>>
>>>Just heard Tanny reveal their plans to replace Faneca on 1050 ESPN.
>>>Rookie Ducasse will compete with last years aquisition Slasun for the
>>>starting left guard spot. My money is on Slauson given that he's
>>>already had a year in with the offense.
>>
>>>You can be sure BOTH of them will be a better pass blockers than
>>>Faneca and BOTH will be more affective at the point of attack popping
>>>open holes.
>>
>>We can be sure? What if Slauson is Adrien Clarke?
>>
>>Ducasse is a very good prospect, but the knock on him was that he was
>>raw. Granted, we're talking about guard and not quarterback here, but
>>it's still a tenuous spot to put themselves in.
>>
>>I hope Woody puts the money he saves in an uncapped year towards a
>>children's hospital or something, but I bet he takes it to Atlantic City
>>instead.
>
>
> Mark. Last season Slauson came in the Tampa game. Right away, he
> started blowing his guy off the ball. You saw holes between him and
> Mangold that you would never have seen between Mangold and Faneca. I
> was super happy to see Slauson in because Faneca had gotten blown up
> for big sacks the past few weeks. I was hoping they would keep him in
> full time after that. Slauson can play. He was very well regarded
> with the Huskers and thought to be a throw back to the Husker guards
> of the 1980's. To people who listen to the radio and TV commentatos
> and see the probowl roster, losing Faneca means the end of the Jets
> offense. To people who watch the games and know the players, going
> from Faneca to Slauson is an upgrade.

SOme believe that Ducasse will make a great RT to replace Woody in 2011.


== 2 of 2 ==
Date: Sat, Apr 24 2010 4:30 pm
From: Michael


On Apr 24, 6:12 pm, Tutor <tu...@removethis.nac.net> wrote:
> Michael wrote:
> > On Apr 24, 5:49 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
>
> >>Michael wrote:
>
> >>>Just heard Tanny reveal their plans to replace Faneca on 1050 ESPN.
> >>>Rookie Ducasse will compete with last years aquisition Slasun for the
> >>>starting left guard spot.  My money is on Slauson given that he's
> >>>already had a year in with the offense.
>
> >>>You can be sure BOTH of them will be a better pass blockers than
> >>>Faneca and BOTH will be more affective at the point of attack popping
> >>>open holes.
>
> >>We can be sure?  What if Slauson is Adrien Clarke?
>
> >>Ducasse is a very good prospect, but the knock on him was that he was
> >>raw.  Granted, we're talking about guard and not quarterback here, but
> >>it's still a tenuous spot to put themselves in.
>
> >>I hope Woody puts the money he saves in an uncapped year towards a
> >>children's hospital or something, but I bet he takes it to Atlantic City
> >>instead.
>
> > Mark.  Last season Slauson came in the Tampa game.  Right away, he
> > started blowing his guy off the ball.  You saw holes between him and
> > Mangold that you would never have seen between Mangold and Faneca. I
> > was super happy to see Slauson in because Faneca had gotten blown up
> > for big sacks the past few weeks.  I was hoping they would keep him in
> > full time after that.  Slauson can play.  He was very well regarded
> > with the Huskers and thought to be a throw back to the Husker guards
> > of the 1980's.  To people who listen to the radio and TV commentatos
> > and see the probowl roster, losing Faneca means the end of the Jets
> > offense. To people who watch the games and know the players, going
> > from Faneca to Slauson is an upgrade.
>
> SOme believe that Ducasse will make a great RT to replace Woody in 2011.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

Possible... I think he'll end up as a guard. His arms are a bit
short.

==============================================================================
TOPIC: Inscrutable Pick
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets/t/a66fffb30f5757d4?hl=en
==============================================================================

== 1 of 2 ==
Date: Sat, Apr 24 2010 3:19 pm
From: graybeard


On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 11:43:30 -0400 Harlan Lachman <harlan@eeivt.com>
wrote:

>Trading up sounds like Mike. Great. We are getting someone he really
>thinks can help our team.
>
>Joe McNight? An overrated HS player who failed to produce with all the
>pro talent around him at USC? A guy who duplicates the skill sets of
>guys we already had on the roster (ability to KR, ability to catch
>passes out of backfield, potential take it to the house player).
>
>If we don't trade Leon or McNight for someone we really need at S or DE,
>then this makes as much sense as cutting Faneca in an uncapped year
>without an obvious replacement familiar with the system waiting to
>become an upgrade.
>
>I had liked the first two picks. This move and rumored cutting really
>raise serious questions like did Tanny settle for who we got because
>Woody lost money to Madoff, Tanny just wants to stick it to Keel, or has
>lost his mind.
>
>h

Harlan, ever since they offered Feeley a contract with a pay cut, I have
been thinking that, despite the uncapped year, Woody has given
Tannenbaum a personnel budget with a fixed ceiling. With the seat
licenses not selling as well as he hoped, maybe Woody is having a little
cash problem.
--
graybeard


== 2 of 2 ==
Date: Sat, Apr 24 2010 7:35 pm
From: buRford


On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 18:19:34 -0400, graybeard <graybeard@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 11:43:30 -0400 Harlan Lachman <harlan@eeivt.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Trading up sounds like Mike. Great. We are getting someone he really
>>thinks can help our team.
>>
>>Joe McNight? An overrated HS player who failed to produce with all the
>>pro talent around him at USC? A guy who duplicates the skill sets of
>>guys we already had on the roster (ability to KR, ability to catch
>>passes out of backfield, potential take it to the house player).
>>
>>If we don't trade Leon or McNight for someone we really need at S or DE,
>>then this makes as much sense as cutting Faneca in an uncapped year
>>without an obvious replacement familiar with the system waiting to
>>become an upgrade.
>>
>>I had liked the first two picks. This move and rumored cutting really
>>raise serious questions like did Tanny settle for who we got because
>>Woody lost money to Madoff, Tanny just wants to stick it to Keel, or has
>>lost his mind.
>>
>>h
>
>Harlan, ever since they offered Feeley a contract with a pay cut, I have
>been thinking that, despite the uncapped year, Woody has given
>Tannenbaum a personnel budget with a fixed ceiling. With the seat
>licenses not selling as well as he hoped, maybe Woody is having a little
>cash problem.

I think it has more to do with what will be coming up, in contractland... to keep some of
the younguns.
Even Tanny eluded to it, as far as their thinking on trading Leon.

==============================================================================
TOPIC: Pats take Spikes....
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets/t/3f63f87a51dfef47?hl=en
==============================================================================

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Sat, Apr 24 2010 6:49 pm
From: Michael


On Apr 24, 5:25 pm, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> In article
> <9d0519ae-2487-4cb5-9497-2cf944d3d...@r18g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
>
>
>
>
>
>  Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote:
> > On Apr 23, 11:01 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
> > > Michael wrote:
> > > > On Apr 23, 8:28 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
> > > >> Michael wrote:
> > > >>> Those bastards.... They took Spikes... I like this guy... Screw his
> > > >>> 40, he can play.  FUCK
> > > >> Not a bad fit either, for the 3-4.  The talking heads are saying he's
> > > >> not fast enough for the nickel, but that's fine because that's what
> > > >> Guyton does well.  If he works out, he'll be in a rotation with Guyton.
> > > >>   Tyrone McKenzie, who they drafted in the 3rd round last year, will
> > > >> also be in the mix at ILB.  So it looks like their linebacking group is
> > > >> starting to come together.  I'm hoping for a second OLB now.  Maybe
> > > >> Wootton?
>
> > > > Spikes is one of my fav lbs in a long time.  You will love him.  He
> > > > runs faster in full gear in a real game than he does at the bull shit
> > > > combine.  He is less of a track and field athlete and much more of a
> > > > football player.  Without knowing of the slow 40 time he'd be a first
> > > > rounder.
>
> > > > Wootton ??? Dont know much.  The word is he is not a wold beating sack
> > > > master, but some skill at the task
>
> > > I think the Pats still need to add another OLB.  And now they'll
> > > probably have to resign Burgess too.  Strength in numbers.  But they
> > > took care of the other hole nicely, which was TE.- Hide quoted text -
>
> > > - Show quoted text -
>
> > They had a bigger need at the olb position, but the "ultimate" need
> > for a great player.  Picking Spikes at this spot in the draft
> > demonstrates how smart the Pats are at building.  I would not be
> > surprised if he gets himself a lot of attention his rookie season.
> > He's perfect for the Pats style of 43.  I remember last season before
> > the draft I was wondering if he would come out early.  The people who
> > passed over him because of his combine will be kicking themselves in
> > the ass.
>
> Michael, again we disagree.
>
> I think the Pats strategy was moronic.
>
> The Jets used their draft choices to get a starting nickle CB (a
> position of need), a replacement guard for their OL (at a much lower
> cost than the man he replaced), a much cheaper (and healthier) 3rd down
> back, not to mention last year and this coming year of Braylon Edwards.
> Four players I expect to see plenty of PT during the 2010 season.
>
> The Pats, a loaded team, better than ours based on last year's record
> (without an assist from teams not trying) had 12 picks, clearly did not
> have 12 openings among their starters.
>
> I think they would have been better off bundling picks and getting four
> new starters for their system. A top team getting more developmental
> picks is as logical as a..... well you get the idea....
>
> h- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

watch how spike and mayo work the middle and then come talk to me
about how the pats fucked up.

==============================================================================
TOPIC: Cimini says Faneca was released...
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets/t/76dba51e6e535294?hl=en
==============================================================================

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Sat, Apr 24 2010 7:21 pm
From: buRford


On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 18:00:07 -0400, Tutor <tutor@removethis.nac.net> wrote:

>buRford wrote:
>> Saturday, April 24, 2010
>> Sorry to interrupt, Alan, but ...
>> By Rich Cimini
>>
>> There's lousy timing, and really lousy timing. Here's a a case of the latter.
>>
>> On Friday night, Alan Faneca and teammate Nick Mangold were out together for dinner and
>> drinks, joined by their significant others, when Faneca received a phone call from the
>> Jets. According to sources, it was Rex Ryan, calling to inform Faneca that he was being
>> released. Indeed, that release became official Saturday.
>>
>> Talk about killing a nice evening out on the town.
>>
>> The Jets had just drafted former UMass G/T Vlad Ducasse in the second round, sealing
>> Faneca's fate with the team. They had been shopping him for weeks, looking for a taker
>> that never stepped up. As soon as they landed Ducasse, hardly a sure thing, the Faneca
>> speculation spread like fire.
>>
>> Ryan at least had the courtesy to call Faneca himself to explain the situation.
>> Unfortunately, the timing stunk.
>
>
>The Jets were shopping Faneca around the league for 2 -3 weeks. Faneca
>knew about it. 2 -3 days before the frated he stated that he expected
>to be released after the draft. The news was no surprise to him or
>anyone followeing the team. Including the guaranteed $5.25 million for
>this 2010 season, Faneca gets paid (gulp) $21 million for 2 actual
>seasons with the Jets. He can go buy a 2nd dinner for Nick and their
>spouses to make up for the trauma of Saturday night's phone call.

This move really bugs me. If we're paying him $5.25 million not to play for us, to me,
it's worth the extra for him to play, and keep the OL intact for our running game... which
is still our bread & butter, despite the moves made. Sanchez is still too wet behind the
ears.


==============================================================================

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets"
group.

To post to this group, visit http://groups.google.com/group/alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets?hl=en

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com

To change the way you get mail from this group, visit:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets/subscribe?hl=en

To report abuse, send email explaining the problem to abuse@googlegroups.com

==============================================================================
Google Groups: http://groups.google.com/?hl=en

No comments:

gsk

https://secure.shareit.com/shareit/checkout.html?PRODUCT[300429992]=1&languageid=1&stylefrom=300429992&backlink=http%3A%2F%2Fforexguide.blogspot.com&cookies=1¤cies=USD&pts=VISA,MASTERCARD,AMEX,DC