Saturday, March 27, 2010

rec.bicycles.racing - 25 new messages in 10 topics - digest

Buzz It
rec.bicycles.racing
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing?hl=en

rec.bicycles.racing@googlegroups.com

Today's topics:

* Nice racing in Corsica ! Old boss and New boss blow up... - 7 messages, 6
authors
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/404f6ea414c2b1e6?hl=en
* Volta a Catalunya, stage 6 summary - 1 messages, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/222429622a3e653f?hl=en
* calm the fuck down - 6 messages, 6 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/b0933560747f61ce?hl=en
* Nostra-fuckin-damus - 1 messages, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/2d0a948968bc4afc?hl=en
* Kristin Armstrong is stupid - 1 messages, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/63eb5d66848ecb4e?hl=en
* Gent-Wevelgem on TV in Europe? - 2 messages, 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/38545409098d8617?hl=en
* Hey Anton... - 4 messages, 3 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/ab80f378bd8d907f?hl=en
* Booyah! - 1 messages, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/1983f3658c83752d?hl=en
* Pierrick Fedrigo - 1 messages, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/4ec695cf0cb4639a?hl=en
* Anything good about ceramic bearings? - 1 messages, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/1d6285e0378ded3b?hl=en

==============================================================================
TOPIC: Nice racing in Corsica ! Old boss and New boss blow up...
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/404f6ea414c2b1e6?hl=en
==============================================================================

== 1 of 7 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 11:48 am
From: "A. Dumas Fred"


Keith wrote:
> Wonder what AC will have to say about this, bonked ?

Allergies, which he always had:
http://twitter.com/albertocontador/status/11150842036


== 2 of 7 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 11:56 am
From: "K. Fred Gauss"


A. Dumas Fred wrote:
> Keith wrote:
>> Wonder what AC will have to say about this, bonked ?
>
> Allergies, which he always had:
> http://twitter.com/albertocontador/status/11150842036

If it's good enough for him, it's good enough for me! I guess my brake
can quit rubbing now.


== 3 of 7 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 12:12 pm
From: Magilla Gorilla


Keith wrote:

> Very strong wind on the last climb, LA was in the back, then went to
> the front but when Vino acclerated at 5km to go he blew up with Popo
> (both finished 5' back)...then at 2km to go when Vino got off the
> front...AC blew up (he finished 1' back)...After that all the second
> fiddles (Evans, Rodgers, Sancherz, etc...) were confused as to what to
> do since the new boss and the old boss were gone and that allowed
> Fedrigo to win the race
>
> Wonder what AC will have to say about this, bonked ? At least LA won't
> be able to make fun of him like he did last year during Paris-Nice.

Contador blew up because 2 nights ago, the motorcycles with refrigerated
panniers weren't given the 'all clear' signal to park behind the team
hotel. Any of you motherfuckers who think Cuntadick is racing clean need
to go visit a gynecologist in Spain.

Thanks,

Magilla

== 4 of 7 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 12:28 pm
From: Fred Flintstein


K. Fred Gauss wrote:
> A. Dumas Fred wrote:
>> Keith wrote:
>>> Wonder what AC will have to say about this, bonked ?
>>
>> Allergies, which he always had:
>> http://twitter.com/albertocontador/status/11150842036
>
> If it's good enough for him, it's good enough for me! I guess my brake
> can quit rubbing now.

Hell, you guys are way ahead of me. I didn't know (or care)
that anybody was racing in Corsica.

But Keith knew. And Keith cared. Wake me up when its time
for Flanders.

Fred Flintstein


== 5 of 7 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 1:07 pm
From: Betty Munro


Fred Flintstein wrote:
> Hell, you guys are way ahead of me. I didn't know (or care)
> that anybody was racing in Corsica.

Its probably a mafia setup.


== 6 of 7 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 1:09 pm
From: Betty Munro


Keith wrote:
>> Very strong wind on the last climb, LA was in the back, then went to
>> the front but when Vino acclerated at 5km to go he blew up with Popo
>> (both finished 5' back)...then at 2km to go when Vino got off the
>> front...AC blew up

Magilla Gorilla wrote:
> Contador blew up because 2 nights ago, the motorcycles with refrigerated
> panniers weren't given the 'all clear' signal to park behind the team
> hotel. Any of you motherfuckers who think Cuntadick is racing clean need
> to go visit a gynecologist in Spain.

While Vino gets his delivered by Fox Mulder in a UFO.


== 7 of 7 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 2:05 pm
From: Keith


On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 19:48:22 +0100, "A. Dumas Fred"
<alexandre@dumas.fr> wrote:

>Keith wrote:
>> Wonder what AC will have to say about this, bonked ?
>
>Allergies, which he always had:
>http://twitter.com/albertocontador/status/11150842036

Google : "Hard Day, allergy has Mons appearing, it was a shame not to
go with the first for my teammates, now retrieval" ?

Original : Dia duro,la alergia ha aperecido,ha sido una pena no entrar
con los primeros por mis compa–eros,ahora recuperando

So let me get this straight, his "allergies" prevented him from
pedalling ? odd...

==============================================================================
TOPIC: Volta a Catalunya, stage 6 summary
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/222429622a3e653f?hl=en
==============================================================================

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 11:58 am
From: Bob Martin



Stage 6 : March 27, El Vendrell - Barcelona, 161.9 km

1 Samuel Dumoulin (Fra) Cofidis, le Credit en Ligne 4.04.45
2 Rein Taaramae (Est) Cofidis, le Credit en Ligne
3 Joaquin Rodriguez (Spa) Team Katusha
4 David Loosli (Ita) Lampre-Farnese Vini
5 Aitor Galdos (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi
6 Andreas Kloden (Ger) Team Radioshack
7 Roman Kreuziger (Cze) Liquigas-Doimo
8 Luis Leon Sanchez Gil (Spa) Caisse d'Epargne
9 Paolo Tiralongo (Ita) Astana
10 Ryder Hesjedal (Can) Garmin - Transitions


Changes in stage 6 compared to stage 5 :

Biggest gainers by position :
+10 Craig Lewis
+9 Martin Velits
+8 Samuel Dumoulin
+8 Rodrigo Garcia
+8 Jorge Montenegro
+8 Haimar Zubeldia
+7 Davide Malacarne
+7 Christophe Brandt
+7 Christian Meier
+7 Aitor Galdos

Biggest losers by position :
-16 Andres Sergio De Lis
-14 Tony Martin
-12 Jose Vicente Garcia Acosta
-9 Mauricio Ardila
-7 Amael Moinard
-7 Chris Froome
-7 Tejay Van Garderen
-6 Alexander Efimkin
-6 Arkaitz Duran
-6 Javier Moreno
-6 Jesus Hernandez

Biggest gainers by time :

Biggest losers by time :
-11:30 Andres Sergio De Lis
-11:30 Jose Vicente Garcia Acosta
-8:15 Andrei Kunitski
-8:15 Joao Correia
-8:15 Tony Martin
-5:26 Alexsandr Dyachenko
-5:26 Artur Gajek
-5:26 Gonzalo Rabunal.
-5:26 Jesus Hernandez
-5:26 Jose Luis Roldan
-5:26 Robert Forster

Favourites by position :
+1 Ivan Basso
+1 Frank Schleck
+1 Andreas Kloden

Favourites by time :
-0:35 Ivan Basso

Top 3 and favourites standings :
1 Joaquin Rodriguez 22.43.42
2 Xavier Tondo 0.10
3 Rein Taaramae 0.43
4 Luis Leon Sanchez Gil 0.45
.....
8 Roman Kreuziger 1.22
.....
13 Vladimir Karpets 1.30
.....
20 Jens Voigt 1.59
21 Levi Leipheimer 2.00
22 Frank Schleck 2.14
23 Andreas Kloden 2.16
.....
39 Ivan Basso 4.36

Retirements to date : Stage
Philip Deignan (Irl) Cervelo Test Team 6 <<<
Serge Pauwels (Bel) Sky Professional Cycling Team 6 <<<
Jason McCartney (USA) Team Radioshack 5
Jose Antonio De Segovia (Spa) Xacobeo Galicia 5
Mark Cavendish (GBr) Team HTC - Columbia 5
Denis Menchov (Rus) Rabobank 4
Aleksej Saramontins (Lat) Team HTC - Columbia 3
Danielle Pietropolli (Ita) Lampre-Farnese Vini 3
Daryl Impey (RSA) Team Radioshack 3
Dominik Roels (Ger) Team Milram 3
Stephane Auge (Fra) Cofidis, le Credit en Ligne 3
Andy Schleck (Lux) Team Saxo Bank 2
Total retirements : 12

==============================================================================
TOPIC: calm the fuck down
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/b0933560747f61ce?hl=en
==============================================================================

== 1 of 6 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 12:06 pm
From: Magilla Gorilla


ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:

> On Mar 27, 1:01 pm, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:
>
> >
> > It's worse than that.  Athletes need to be jailed.
> >
> > Magilla
>
> Dumbass -
>
> Have you ever considered coaching Little League?
>
> -rj

If I coached Little League, I would strongarm the parents into paying for
a domed astroturf stadium and a fucking cribbed out Little League bus
that I would rent out to Joe Francis. I guarantee you if the kids
played on my team they'd know how to cork a bat and how much Winstrol-V
it would take to hit the ball into the lights. Any extra money out of
the budget would be used to pay off teachers for advanced copies of any
tests, since if you want t be on my team and play in Williamsport, I
better not see you doing homework.

But before I would even agree to take on the great responsibility of
coaching a Little League team, I'd have to spend a good year down in
Miami learning how to alter birth certificates of 16 and 17 year old
Cubans who would play on my team as 12 year olds.

Hotdogs, get your hotdogs...

Magilla

== 2 of 6 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 1:10 pm
From: Betty Munro


K. Fred Gauss wrote:
> Magilla is correct. Nobody in the United States could identify Niels
> Bohr or Jean-Paul Sartre if they were to walk right up to them in a
> Walmart checkout line.

You don't Being and Nothingness if you've got Walmarts.


== 3 of 6 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 1:41 pm
From: Fredmaster of Brainerd


On Mar 27, 9:51 am, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:
>
> There's a reason why nobody in the United States could identify a single
> rainbow jersey winner if they were to walk right up to them in a Walmart
> checkout line.  It's because it's a meaningless jersey.  There's a reason why
> Lance hasn't raced worlds since 1947.

Who wants to be identified in a Walmart checkout line?

Fredmaster


== 4 of 6 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 3:07 pm
From: "K. Fred Gauss"


Magilla Gorilla wrote:
> Dude in the center needs to calm the fuck down with the squats.
>
> http://velonews.competitor.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/track-worlds-day-1/GermanlegsTWC2_310-232.jpg
>
>
>
> Magilla
>

Danica Patrick proves that she knows Magilla intimately:
http://5z8.info/pornnow_f2u7h_the-most-dangerous-game


== 5 of 6 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 3:33 pm
From: Mark


On Mar 27, 1:26 pm, "K. Fred Gauss"
<Some...@Somewhere.You.Dont.Wanna.Be> wrote:
> ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:
> > On Mar 27, 11:51 am, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org>
> > wrote:
> >> ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:
> >>> On Mar 27, 11:08 am, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org>
> >>> wrote:
> >>>> Dude in the center needs to calm the fuck down with the squats.
> >>>>http://velonews.competitor.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/track-wor...
> >>>> Magilla
> >>> No shit.  Because of those, he's going to have to wear one of those
> >>> lame rainbow jerseys.
> >>> -rj
> >> You're right, the rainbow jersey is lame.  They must give away about 65 of
> >> those meaningless things every year.  Everyone and their uncle has one.  The
> >> UCI doesn't own the sport of cycling and just because they declared some race
> >> as the world championships doesn't mean anything in terms of who the best
> >> rider is in the world, since the smart trackies know not to waste their time
> >> and effort on worlds until it's the same year as the Olympics.  But even if
> >> you win a gold medal on the gerbil wheel in the Olympics, it's still
> >> pointless.  Do you think that when Martha walks into the local shopping mall
> >> in Allentown, that women fall all over him? I bet you Nick Chenowth's
> >> personal cocksucker wouldn't even be recognized in 99% of every bike shop in
> >> the U.S.  That's pretty fucking sad if you think about it.
>
> >> There's a reason why nobody in the United States could identify a single
> >> rainbow jersey winner if they were to walk right up to them in a Walmart
> >> checkout line.  It's because it's a meaningless jersey.  There's a reason why
> >> Lance hasn't raced worlds since 1947.
>
> >> You sound like you also aspire to win the Tour of Somerville one day just
> >> because Jackie Simes told you it was a great race.
>
> >> Thanks,
>
> >> Magilla
>
> > Massengil Hatton -
>
> > I agree with you.  Sports are pointless.
>
> Dumbass,
>
> Life, generally, is pointless.
>
> Magilla is correct. Nobody in the United States could identify Niels
> Bohr or Jean-Paul Sartre if they were to walk right up to them in a
> Walmart checkout line.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

"What's the fucking point?"

Stan Getz, June 6, 1991, Malibu, CA.


== 6 of 6 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 9:22 pm
From: "Barry Taylor"

"K. Fred Gauss" <Someone@Somewhere.You.Dont.Wanna.Be> wrote in message
news:4bae4106$1@news.x-privat.org...
> ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:
>> On Mar 27, 11:51 am, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org>
>> wrote:
>>> ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:
>>>> On Mar 27, 11:08 am, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>> Dude in the center needs to calm the fuck down with the squats.
>>>>> http://velonews.competitor.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/track-wor...
>>>>> Magilla
>>>> No shit. Because of those, he's going to have to wear one of those
>>>> lame rainbow jerseys.
>>>> -rj
>>> You're right, the rainbow jersey is lame. They must give away about 65
>>> of
>>> those meaningless things every year. Everyone and their uncle has one.
>>> The
>>> UCI doesn't own the sport of cycling and just because they declared some
>>> race
>>> as the world championships doesn't mean anything in terms of who the
>>> best
>>> rider is in the world, since the smart trackies know not to waste their
>>> time
>>> and effort on worlds until it's the same year as the Olympics. But even
>>> if
>>> you win a gold medal on the gerbil wheel in the Olympics, it's still
>>> pointless. Do you think that when Martha walks into the local shopping
>>> mall
>>> in Allentown, that women fall all over him? I bet you Nick Chenowth's
>>> personal cocksucker wouldn't even be recognized in 99% of every bike
>>> shop in
>>> the U.S. That's pretty fucking sad if you think about it.
>>>
>>> There's a reason why nobody in the United States could identify a single
>>> rainbow jersey winner if they were to walk right up to them in a Walmart
>>> checkout line. It's because it's a meaningless jersey. There's a
>>> reason why
>>> Lance hasn't raced worlds since 1947.
>>>
>>> You sound like you also aspire to win the Tour of Somerville one day
>>> just
>>> because Jackie Simes told you it was a great race.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Magilla
>>
>>
>>
>> Massengil Hatton -
>>
>> I agree with you. Sports are pointless.
>
> Dumbass,
>
> Life, generally, is pointless.
>
> Magilla is correct. Nobody in the United States could identify Niels Bohr
> or Jean-Paul Sartre if they were to walk right up to them in a Walmart
> checkout line.

sheesh !

just who would want to be recognised in a wallymart checkout line ?

COSTCO maybe - but not wallymart


--
bjt


==============================================================================
TOPIC: Nostra-fuckin-damus
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/2d0a948968bc4afc?hl=en
==============================================================================

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 12:17 pm
From: Magilla Gorilla


http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?p=1898641

Thanks,

Magilla


==============================================================================
TOPIC: Kristin Armstrong is stupid
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/63eb5d66848ecb4e?hl=en
==============================================================================

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 1:03 pm
From: "Mexican Low Rider Mafia"


Are you a chimpy bottom boy???


"Magilla Gorilla" <m.gorilla@sandiegozoo.org> wrote in message
news:4BADD564.6AE99F0@sandiegozoo.org...
> First of all, stop top-posting. Follow the goddamn protocol in here or
> pack
> your bags.
>
> Second, Abbott has small chestnuts because she's ultra-thin, unlike that
> fat-ass Liz Hatch.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Magilla
>
>
>
> Mexican Low Rider Mafia wrote:
>
>> Mara Abbott has small tits.
>>
>> "Magilla Gorilla" <m.gorilla@sandiegozoo.org> wrote in message
>> news:4BACD7AE.C7153649@sandiegozoo.org...
>> > "The main tip today was to break the course into three sections and the
>> > first section being technical," Armstrong said. "The second section,
>> > what you thought was a flat road was actually a rough up hill road.
>> > Lastly, you had to take the climb and attack it from the bottom. At the
>> > end of the day I asked the girls on the team how they did and the one
>> > thing I didn't want to hear was, 'I could have gone harder.'
>> >
>> > "I can hear things like, 'I wish I took the corner better' or 'I was a
>> > little afraid on the descent' but no one wants to hear that you could
>> > have gone a little harder," she added. "I try to teach people that they
>> > should never try and take the win away from the winner. Whoever wins
>> > that day is the strongest person and when you say you could have gone
>> > harder, you take that win away from somebody."
>> >
>> > http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/armstrong-guides-team-at-redlands-prologue
>> >
>> > #########################################################################
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > Kristin Armstrong is not too bright considering her team has a monkey
>> > on
>> > their jersey.
>> >
>> > The only girl on the Peanut Butter team capable of winning the TT and
>> > the entire race is Mara Abbott. By telling the entire team to go as
>> > hard as they can in the TT, they are just needlessly wasting themselves
>> > for the following day's stage. She should have told everyone besides
>> > Mara to not go hard so they could save themselves for helping Mara
>> > during the rest of the race.
>> >
>> > What a stupid director sportif.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Magilla
>> >
>

==============================================================================
TOPIC: Gent-Wevelgem on TV in Europe?
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/38545409098d8617?hl=en
==============================================================================

== 1 of 2 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 1:57 pm
From: Uncle Dave


On Mar 27, 6:45 pm, "A. Dumas Fred" <alexan...@dumas.fr> wrote:
> Uncle Dave wrote:
> > I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's on at all?
>
> Sure. Sporza/Canvas (Flemish Belgian TV) and RTBF (Walloon Belgian TV)
> between about 14:30 and 17:00 CEST.http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/tv_radio/Volledige_programmagids_TV
>
> Nearing the time of live video, streaming links to be found athttp://www.bvls.eu/cycling.phphttp://www.cyclingfans.com/live_race_coveragehttp://www.steephill.tv/classics/gent-wevelgem/http://myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=∂=sports&discipline...

Thanka for that. RTBF was on the satellite last time I looked, so
fingers crossed!

Cheers

UD


== 2 of 2 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 6:24 pm
From: Magilla Gorilla


Uncle Dave wrote:

> Anyone sane have an answer for me?
>
> UD

That was a classic YouTube clip I gifted you punks. Show some respect.

Magilla


==============================================================================
TOPIC: Hey Anton...
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/ab80f378bd8d907f?hl=en
==============================================================================

== 1 of 4 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 2:14 pm
From: "GoneBeforeMyTime"


Magilla Gorilla wrote:
> ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:
>
>> ...think you can send Shelley Evans a FORKSTRONG bracelet? I'd say
>> she earned it.
>>
>> http://velonews.competitor.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/track-worlds-day-3/EvansbikeTWC6_310-025.jpg
>>
>> -rj
>
> She also cracked one of her front teeth in that crash. All she needs
> now are a couple tattoos to complete the meth trailer park look that
> a lot of the women cyclists these days think is a good image for
> them. A female track rider is like J-ME Carney getting a sex change.
> Just the thought of it is enough to make me want to beat the Chief
> with a Park wheel truing stand.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Magilla

Tattoos with Mud caked to their faces or just Tattoos on the asphalt
frontier. What is causing this and why? Why do they take pride in this
behavior? Tattoos to some degree isn't so bad, modestly so like one covered
by the shorts or the socks, but this trend of large very visable tattoos is
alarming. Also some riders sites as well as cycling sites think its cool to
have logos or background splash with women who have mud caked to their
faces. A disturbing trend, IMO.


== 2 of 4 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 7:31 pm
From: Michael Press


In article
<61ffe3c3-0028-4361-b139-b9238d1961cb@t23g2000yqt.googlegroups.com>,
ronaldo_jeremiah <ronaldo_jeremiah@yahoo.com> wrote:

> ...think you can send Shelley Evans a FORKSTRONG bracelet? I'd say
> she earned it.
>
> http://velonews.competitor.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/track-worlds-day-3/EvansbikeTWC6_310-025.jpg

Damned helmets make it more difficult to hold your head up.

--
Michael Press


== 3 of 4 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 7:33 pm
From: Michael Press


In article <4BAE4647.CEB4859A@sandiegozoo.org>,
Magilla Gorilla <m.gorilla@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:

> ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:
>
> > ...think you can send Shelley Evans a FORKSTRONG bracelet? I'd say
> > she earned it.
> >
> > http://velonews.competitor.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/track-worlds-day-3/EvansbikeTWC6_310-025.jpg
> >
> > -rj
>
> She also cracked one of her front teeth in that crash. All she needs now are a couple tattoos to complete
> the meth trailer park look that a lot of the women cyclists these days think is a good image for them. A
> female track rider is like J-ME Carney getting a sex change. Just the thought of it is enough to make me
> want to beat the Chief with a Park wheel truing stand.

The more you blackguard the ladies, the longer your lines get.

--
Michael Press


== 4 of 4 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 10:41 pm
From: blazing_saddles


On Mar 27, 10:30 am, ronaldo_jeremiah <ronaldo_jerem...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> ...think you can send Shelley Evans a FORKSTRONG bracelet?  I'd say
> she earned it.
>
> http://velonews.competitor.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/track-wor...
>
> -rj

Fuck yeah. I will find that bitches address and send a few ASAP.


==============================================================================
TOPIC: Booyah!
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/1983f3658c83752d?hl=en
==============================================================================

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 4:37 pm
From: Michael Press


In article <8147frFvm8U1@mid.individual.net>,
heather <clevis@comcast.net> wrote:

> Scott wrote:
>
> > W/ regards to anyone reading these threads 3 years from now, as Mr. T
> > would day, "I pity the fool."
>
> that's sorta what I was thinking too. (people will be reading this 3
> years from now? How many people are even reading it now????)

Fewer than the count of those who think they are.
Is that what you think?

--
Michael Press

==============================================================================
TOPIC: Pierrick Fedrigo
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/4ec695cf0cb4639a?hl=en
==============================================================================

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 5:57 pm
From: "Tom Kunich"


This guy looks like he's going to be something. Let's keep an eye on him.

==============================================================================
TOPIC: Anything good about ceramic bearings?
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/1d6285e0378ded3b?hl=en
==============================================================================

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 7:28 pm
From: Michael Press


In article
<rcousine-00746B.18390026032010@[74.223.185.199.nw.nuvox.net]>,
Ryan Cousineau <rcousine@gmail.com> wrote:

> In article <rubrum-01A350.14404226032010@news.albasani.net>,
> Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net> wrote:
>
> > In article
> > <6bfa4e79-d54f-4093-a135-e9d2520cf830@u9g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,
> > Norman <invasivenorman@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > On Mar 23, 7:43 pm, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:
> > > > Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
> > > > > In the real world, ceramic bearings just ain't cutting it for bikes.
>
> > > >
> > > > There's no reason to ride a bicycle in the rain.   That's your real
> > > > problem.
> > >
> > > Oh, and all these years I thought I needed groceries.
> > > Thanks for the enlightenment. I feel enlightened.
> >
> > Buy groceries three days ahead as I do.
> > Then you do not have to starve when it rains.
>
> It only rains three days in a row where you live? If we PNWists hadn't
> just lived through the most gloriously mild Winter I can remember, I'd
> be tempted to move to wherever you are.

The climate is pleasant--peachy, to be exact. I laugh
up my sleeve whenever somebody complains. Try living in
the rust belt. A guy who grew up here went to a great
midwest land grant college for postgraduate work and
transferred to University of Hawaii after a year
because he could not handle the weather.

--
Michael Press


==============================================================================

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "rec.bicycles.racing"
group.

To post to this group, visit http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing?hl=en

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rec.bicycles.racing+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com

To change the way you get mail from this group, visit:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/subscribe?hl=en

To report abuse, send email explaining the problem to abuse@googlegroups.com

==============================================================================
Google Groups: http://groups.google.com/?hl=en

[socialactionfoundationforequity:2299 Lawyers vs. Health Reform

Buzz It
Lawyers vs. Health Reform
http://www.newsweek.com/id/235484

Why the court challenges will fail.
By Dahlia Lithwick | NEWSWEEK
Published Mar 26, 2010
From the magazine issue dated Apr 5, 2010

Virginia's Attorney General, Ken Cuccinelli II, is a man in a big, big
hurry. He had promised to challenge the constitutionality of the newly
enacted health-care legislation "as soon as the ink is dry" on the
president's signature—and less than five minutes after the signing of
the bill, Cuccinelli's staff sprinted over to Richmond's federal
courthouse with a lawsuit intended to block the measure.

While 13 other state attorneys general also hustled to file a joint
lawsuit, in Florida, Cuccinelli opted to file his own suit, tagged to
a brand-new Virginia law that provides that "no resident of this
Commonwealth … shall be required to obtain or maintain" an insurance
policy. In his nine-page complaint, Cuccinelli acknowledges that the
federal mandate to which he objects doesn't even kick in until 2014.
(Many legal scholars don't believe challenges can be filed before that
time.) Speedy Cuccinelli also cops to the fact that his chief
objection to the law—that a federal statute is stepping all over a
Virginia law—can't readily get past the U.S. Constitution's Supremacy
Clause, which expressly states that federal law shall be the "supreme
Law of the Land." But Cuccinelli maintains that the Virginia statute
doesn't violate the Supremacy Clause because the whole health-reform
statute is unconstitutional.

As the state challenges to the president's health-care law have been
filed, legal scholars have argued about their probability of success
in blogs and on editorial pages. The suit filed by the 13 attorneys
general makes a different legal argument from Cuccinelli's and takes
aim at the government insurance mandate, taxation authority, and the
expansion of Medicaid. Most legal experts agree that these arguments
are unlikely to prevail in the courts, and the more candid supporters
of the lawsuits acknowledge that they merely hope the courts might be
open to long-shot arguments. Given the relative novelty of the
individual mandate and the fact that the current Supreme Court is as
conservative as it's been in nearly a century, the arguments aren't
all completely hopeless. But "lack of hopelessness" isn't usually the
basis for filing major lawsuits.

Cuccinelli's claim, however, is coming in for extra-special scorn from
scholars on both the right and the left. In a call with reporters,
Erwin Chemerinsky, dean of the UC Irvine School of Law, pointed out
that, as with the battle over desegregation in the '50s and '60s,
"states can't just block the implementation of federal laws."
Washington and Lee law professor Tim Jost doesn't believe the
attorneys general even have legal standing to bring the suit. And
conservatives ranging from President Reagan's solicitor general
Charles Fried to former federal-appeals-court judge Michael McConnell
have blasted the new state laws that let states opt out of reform as
legally "meaningless," "preposterous," and "absurd." As Fried told
NPR's Nina Totenberg last week, earlier attempts at "so-called
nullification" led to the Civil War.

So what was Cuccinelli—who assumed office only a few short weeks ago—
thinking, with his quick-draw legal papers full of zingy references to
"the failed Clinton administration health care proposal"? Cuccinelli
has also filed a suit asking the EPA to reconsider regulating
emissions. And he bolstered his renegade image—evidently without
bothering to clear it with Virginia Gov. Robert McDonnell—by
instructing Virginia universities to remove language related to sexual
orientation from their anti-discrimination policies. Following a
massive campus backlash, McDonnell issued a reminder to the state
workforce that anyone who discriminates based on sexual orientation
faces termination. Depending on how you look at it, Cuccinelli either
embarrassed his boss into offering a nonbinding but full-throated
defense of gay rights in Virginia or is positioning himself as the tea-
party foil to McDonnell's kinder, gentler conservative.

In just a few short weeks Cuccinelli has turned himself into the hero
of conservative cable news shows, but he's done it with what can be
described only as acts of purely aspirational lawyering. When TV
pundits or politicians argue about what the Constitution should say,
it's one thing. But when an attorney general does it, it's another
matter entirely. What Cuccinelli is doing transcends legal activism—
with which I have no quarrel—and places him squarely in the world of
constitutional yearning. That's a particularly cynical enterprise for
someone who preaches fidelity to the law and Constitution as they are
written. Cuccinelli was born to run. But the glacially slow legal
system in this country rarely rewards the fleetest, or most fearless.

--
Truth resides in every human heart, and one has to search for it there, and to be guided by truth as one sees it. But no one has a right to coerce others to act according to his own view of truth. - Mohandas Gandhi

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "SAFE - Social Action Foundation for Equity" group.
To post to this group, send email to
socialactionfoundationforequity@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
socialactionfoundationforequity+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.co.in/group/socialactionfoundationforequity?hl=en?hl=en-GB

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to socialactionfoundationforequity+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

[socialactionfoundationforequity:2298 Bangkok, Thailand, 27 March 2010 - Secretary-General's Message to the 122nd Assembly of the Interparliamentary Union

Buzz It
Bangkok, Thailand, 27 March 2010 - Secretary-General's Message to the
122nd Assembly of the Interparliamentary Union [Delivered by Mr.
Supachai Panitchpakdi, Secretary-General, United Nations Conference on
Trade and Development]
http://www.un.org/apps/sg/sgstats.asp?nid=4460

It is a pleasure to greet the Interparliamentary Union. I attach great
importance to the role of parliamentarians in meeting the needs,
interests and aspirations of the world's citizens. I welcome the IPU's
support for the United Nations and commend your leadership on the
pressing challenges of our time.

The opening words of the UN Charter, "We the Peoples," remind us that
parliaments and the UN share a common responsibility to strive for the
betterment of common people, in particular the most vulnerable. Your
focus at this year's assembly on political reconciliation and good
governance is thus timely and apt. Parliaments, at their best, embody
the principles of dialogue, democracy and the rule of law, which are
inextricably tied to reconciliation and good governance.

Your chosen theme also reflects the important insight that elections
are not, by themselves, enough to make a democracy. What matters, too,
is the quality of governance after the ballots have been counted.
Parliaments play a central role in ensuring good governance. They pass
laws aimed at building just societies and relieving ethnic, religious
and economic tensions. Their control over budgets can ensure that
resources are distributed fairly. And they can hold governments to
account, thereby countering any excessive concentration of power.

However, in many places parliaments face challenges in properly
fulfilling these functions. Parliaments often lack of sufficient
resources and expertise. At times they are prevented from providing
proper checks and balances by the constitutional dominance or
manipulation of the executive. And their legitimacy can be undermined
in places where they are not representative of the population. Women
account for less than 19 per cent of parliamentarians worldwide, and
in some multi-ethnic societies, important minority groups are not
adequately represented in the legislature -- or not there at all.

In recent years, the United Nations, at the request of Member States,
has significantly increased its efforts help parliaments meet these
challenges. The UN Development Programme's helps parliaments in well
over 60 countries build capacity. We support constitutional reform
processes. And our electoral assistance now extends to dozens of
countries. In Nepal, our peace mission's support in 2007 helped
Nepalis achieve their long-held vision of establishing a Constituent
Assembly that is representative of the country's ethnic and religious
mosaic. In pursuing these activities, the United Nations has worked
closely with the IPU in Afghanistan, Burundi, Timor-Leste and
elsewhere, and I look forward to more such efforts.

Let me also address three other priorities for 2010 on which the IPU
has an important role to play.

First, the Millennium Development Goals. With only five years left
until the agreed deadline of 2015, it is clear we have to accelerate
progress. Parliaments provide the enabling national legislative
framework for achieving the MDGs. You are also at the forefront of
fighting for improved livelihoods and access to basic services. I look
forward to your strong support and input as we prepare for the MDG
Summit in September.

Second, nuclear non-proliferation and disarmament. For several years
now, thanks in no small part to the efforts of parliamentarians and
civil society, momentum has been building in our work for a world free
of nuclear weapons. We need your support now to ensure success in May
at the Review Conference of the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of
Nuclear Weapons.

Third, climate change. Parliamentarians can provide the very
foundation for building the green economy. While the private sector
will be a big part of the picture, parliaments can produce legislation
that establishes incentives for innovation, promotes investment in
clean technologies and renewable energy, and develops national plans
and goals.

I look forward to strengthening our cooperation across this agenda.
Thank you again for your leadership and support, and please accept my
best wishes for a successful assembly.

--
Truth resides in every human heart, and one has to search for it there, and to be guided by truth as one sees it. But no one has a right to coerce others to act according to his own view of truth. - Mohandas Gandhi

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "SAFE - Social Action Foundation for Equity" group.
To post to this group, send email to
socialactionfoundationforequity@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
socialactionfoundationforequity+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.co.in/group/socialactionfoundationforequity?hl=en?hl=en-GB

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to socialactionfoundationforequity+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

Re: Medarticles request for the book

Buzz It
http://rs463.rapidshare.com/files/106848070/Org._chem_Bruice.pdf

This is working very fine.

Best Regards
Dharmender Rathee
M.S(PHARM) (Natural products)
NIPER Ahmedabad C/o B.V patel PERD Centre
S.G. Highway, Thaltej
Ahmedabad-54

--- On Sat, 27/3/10, Sudheer Jayaram <sudheerj99@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Sudheer Jayaram <sudheerj99@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Medarticles request for the book
To: medarticles@googlegroups.com
Date: Saturday, 27 March, 2010, 3:35 PM

Thanks for the reply, please forward me the link.

Regards,

Sudheer J.


On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 1:18 PM, Dharmender Rathee <rathee_dharmender04@yahoo.com> wrote:
This link is working fine dear, i check this link and downloaded the same so try once again.

Best Regards
Dharmender Rathee
M.S(PHARM) (Natural products)
NIPER Ahmedabad C/o B.V patel PERD Centre
S.G. Highway, Thaltej
Ahmedabad-54

--- On Thu, 25/3/10, Sudheer Jayaram <sudheerj99@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Sudheer Jayaram <sudheerj99@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Medarticles request for the book
To: medarticles@googlegroups.com
Date: Thursday, 25 March, 2010, 11:40 PM


This File is damaged. Please Re - Upload.

Sudheer J


On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 11:06 AM, atif zia <atifzea@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Shahid,
                 Aoa.Please downlaod the book from the given link.
 
 
Regards

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 7:08 AM, muhammad shahid nazir <biochemistsn@gmail.com> wrote:
i strongly need for the book entitle: Organic chemistry third edition by Paula Yurkanis and Bruice

--
Regards!
shahid
--
You can edit your Group Email settings by visiting the following link.
 
http://groups.google.com/group/medarticles/subscribe
 
You can choose abridged email or digest email so that you will receive only one email per day.
 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to medarticles+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.



--
Best Regards,

Muhammad Atif Zia
Sargodha,PAKISTAN
0092 321 4822364

--
You can edit your Group Email settings by visiting the following link.
 
http://groups.google.com/group/medarticles/subscribe
 
You can choose abridged email or digest email so that you will receive only one email per day.
 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to medarticles+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

--
You can edit your Group Email settings by visiting the following link.
 
http://groups.google.com/group/medarticles/subscribe
 
You can choose abridged email or digest email so that you will receive only one email per day.
 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to medarticles+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.


Your Mail works best with the New Yahoo Optimized IE8. Get it NOW!.

--
You can edit your Group Email settings by visiting the following link.
 
http://groups.google.com/group/medarticles/subscribe
 
You can choose abridged email or digest email so that you will receive only one email per day.
 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to medarticles+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

--
You can edit your Group Email settings by visiting the following link.
 
http://groups.google.com/group/medarticles/subscribe
 
You can choose abridged email or digest email so that you will receive only one email per day.
 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to medarticles+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.


Your Mail works best with the New Yahoo Optimized IE8. Get it NOW!.

--
You can edit your Group Email settings by visiting the following link.
 
http://groups.google.com/group/medarticles/subscribe
 
You can choose abridged email or digest email so that you will receive only one email per day.
 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to medarticles+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

rec.bicycles.racing - 25 new messages in 8 topics - digest

Buzz It
rec.bicycles.racing
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing?hl=en

rec.bicycles.racing@googlegroups.com

Today's topics:

* there's no problem here - 3 messages, 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/033402dbe7fed0a5?hl=en
* Kristin Armstrong is stupid - 1 messages, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/63eb5d66848ecb4e?hl=en
* Cuban Missile Crisis - 3 messages, 3 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/9fe1853185399433?hl=en
* Booyah! - 3 messages, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/1983f3658c83752d?hl=en
* Gent-Wevelgem on TV in Europe? - 4 messages, 3 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/38545409098d8617?hl=en
* Hey Anton... - 2 messages, 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/ab80f378bd8d907f?hl=en
* calm the fuck down - 7 messages, 3 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/b0933560747f61ce?hl=en
* Nice racing in Corsica ! Old boss and New boss blow up... - 2 messages, 2
authors
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/404f6ea414c2b1e6?hl=en

==============================================================================
TOPIC: there's no problem here
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/033402dbe7fed0a5?hl=en
==============================================================================

== 1 of 3 ==
Date: Fri, Mar 26 2010 9:42 pm
From: Scott


On Mar 26, 6:52 am, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:
> Carl Sundquist wrote:
> > On Mar 26, 7:36 am, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:
> > > Carl Sundquist wrote:
> > > > On Mar 25, 7:46 pm, Scott <hendricks_sc...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > On Mar 25, 3:54 pm, Kyle Legate <legatekB...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > > > Magilla Gorilla wrote:
> > > > > > > Kyle Legate wrote:
>
> > > > > > >> Magilla Gorilla wrote:
> > > > > > >>> Kyle Legate wrote:
>
> > > > > > >>>> Magilla Gorilla wrote:
> > > > > > >>>>> Messick picked the date and McQuaid is too much of a pussy to deny him that date.
> > > > > > >>>>> The UCI in fact thinks the Tour of California ia a huge race and the largest race
> > > > > > >>>>> outside of Europe.
>
> > > > > > >>>> Tour Down Under attracts a higher calibre of rider. I'd say it's bigger.
> > > > > > >>> Tour Down Under is not on Eurosport and doesn't get 2.3 million spectators.
>
> > > > > > >> Yes it is and it gets 2.4 million spectators, so there.
>
> > > > > > > There's no epic climbs in Australia, so it's not a real stage race.  It's basically
> > > > > > > Superweek.
>
> > > > > > > Thanks,
>
> > > > > > > Magilla
>
> > > > > > It's still the largest race outside of Europe.
>
> > > > > How are you defining 'largest'?  I'd think some of the stage races in
> > > > > South America would be a pretty big deal, but don't know how they're
> > > > > compared to TDU or ToC, size-wise.- Hide quoted text -
>
> > > > > - Show quoted text -
>
> > > > Also Tour du Faso & Tour of Qinghai Lake
>
> > > Fucking Langkawi too.
>
> > > Magilla- Hide quoted text -
>
> > > - Show quoted text -
>
> > Langkawi - 7 stages
>
> > Cali - 8 stages
>
> O-Carl-Wan,
>
> I don't think it's a good metric to use number of stages to define how large a stage race is.  I
> think TV and prize money are far more important variables.
>
> Magilla

The obvious metric is, 'how many stages has TD won?', or 'has TD won
the overall?'

The Tour de Georgia, Tour of Lankawi, and Tour of Qinghai Lake are
equal, and on par with the Tour of Austria and the Redlands Classic.

== 2 of 3 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 2:58 am
From: Magilla Gorilla


Carl Sundquist wrote:

> On Mar 26, 8:52 am, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:
> > Carl Sundquist wrote:
> > > On Mar 26, 7:36 am, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:
> > > > Carl Sundquist wrote:
> > > > > On Mar 25, 7:46 pm, Scott <hendricks_sc...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > > On Mar 25, 3:54 pm, Kyle Legate <legatekB...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > > > > > Magilla Gorilla wrote:
> > > > > > > > Kyle Legate wrote:
> >
> > > > > > > >> Magilla Gorilla wrote:
> > > > > > > >>> Kyle Legate wrote:
> >
> > > > > > > >>>> Magilla Gorilla wrote:
> > > > > > > >>>>> Messick picked the date and McQuaid is too much of a pussy to deny him that date.
> > > > > > > >>>>> The UCI in fact thinks the Tour of California ia a huge race and the largest race
> > > > > > > >>>>> outside of Europe.
> >
> > > > > > > >>>> Tour Down Under attracts a higher calibre of rider. I'd say it's bigger.
> > > > > > > >>> Tour Down Under is not on Eurosport and doesn't get 2.3 million spectators.
> >
> > > > > > > >> Yes it is and it gets 2.4 million spectators, so there.
> >
> > > > > > > > There's no epic climbs in Australia, so it's not a real stage race.  It's basically
> > > > > > > > Superweek.
> >
> > > > > > > > Thanks,
> >
> > > > > > > > Magilla
> >
> > > > > > > It's still the largest race outside of Europe.
> >
> > > > > > How are you defining 'largest'?  I'd think some of the stage races in
> > > > > > South America would be a pretty big deal, but don't know how they're
> > > > > > compared to TDU or ToC, size-wise.- Hide quoted text -
> >
> > > > > > - Show quoted text -
> >
> > > > > Also Tour du Faso & Tour of Qinghai Lake
> >
> > > > Fucking Langkawi too.
> >
> > > > Magilla- Hide quoted text -
> >
> > > > - Show quoted text -
> >
> > > Langkawi - 7 stages
> >
> > > Cali - 8 stages
> >
> > O-Carl-Wan,
> >
> > I don't think it's a good metric to use number of stages to define how large a stage race is.  I
> > think TV and prize money are far more important variables.
>
> What is the prize money for Cali? For Langkawi?
> >
> > Magilla- Hide quoted text -
> >
> > - Show quoted text -
>
> And you still want to include Langkawi?

Langkawi use to be on Versus. When the hell was Down Under ever on Versus? But again, I go back to
the fact that Down Under are just a bunch of flat stages. Meaningless nonsense. Parade routes.
You'll never see an epic battle in that race because it's basically Superweek. But that's not even
correct because Superweek has more stages and I'm pretty sure it pays more.

Don't you remember how McKinley, Cheetah, and Zanoli's punching bag use to rake in the coin at crits?

Magilla

== 3 of 3 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 3:07 am
From: Magilla Gorilla


Scott wrote:

> On Mar 26, 6:52�am, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:
> > Carl Sundquist wrote:
> > > On Mar 26, 7:36�am, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:
> > > > Carl Sundquist wrote:
> > > > > On Mar 25, 7:46�pm, Scott <hendricks_sc...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > > On Mar 25, 3:54�pm, Kyle Legate <legatekB...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > > > > > Magilla Gorilla wrote:
> > > > > > > > Kyle Legate wrote:
> >
> > > > > > > >> Magilla Gorilla wrote:
> > > > > > > >>> Kyle Legate wrote:
> >
> > > > > > > >>>> Magilla Gorilla wrote:
> > > > > > > >>>>> Messick picked the date and McQuaid is too much of a pussy to deny him that date.
> > > > > > > >>>>> The UCI in fact thinks the Tour of California ia a huge race and the largest race
> > > > > > > >>>>> outside of Europe.
> >
> > > > > > > >>>> Tour Down Under attracts a higher calibre of rider. I'd say it's bigger.
> > > > > > > >>> Tour Down Under is not on Eurosport and doesn't get 2.3 million spectators.
> >
> > > > > > > >> Yes it is and it gets 2.4 million spectators, so there.
> >
> > > > > > > > There's no epic climbs in Australia, so it's not a real stage race. �It's basically
> > > > > > > > Superweek.
> >
> > > > > > > > Thanks,
> >
> > > > > > > > Magilla
> >
> > > > > > > It's still the largest race outside of Europe.
> >
> > > > > > How are you defining 'largest'? �I'd think some of the stage races in
> > > > > > South America would be a pretty big deal, but don't know how they're
> > > > > > compared to TDU or ToC, size-wise.- Hide quoted text -
> >
> > > > > > - Show quoted text -
> >
> > > > > Also Tour du Faso & Tour of Qinghai Lake
> >
> > > > Fucking Langkawi too.
> >
> > > > Magilla- Hide quoted text -
> >
> > > > - Show quoted text -
> >
> > > Langkawi - 7 stages
> >
> > > Cali - 8 stages
> >
> > O-Carl-Wan,
> >
> > I don't think it's a good metric to use number of stages to define how large a stage race is. �I
> > think TV and prize money are far more important variables.
> >
> > Magilla
>
> The obvious metric is, 'how many stages has TD won?', or 'has TD won
> the overall?'
>
> The Tour de Georgia, Tour of Lankawi, and Tour of Qinghai Lake are
> equal, and on par with the Tour of Austria and the Redlands Classic.

A stage race without major climbs is like a chick without a vagina. The Tour Down Under is a ladyboy
race. And in case you haven't noticed, Redlands is now a ladyboy race. Ina Teutenberg won last year,
and she will likely win this year's too.

Take care,

Magilla


==============================================================================
TOPIC: Kristin Armstrong is stupid
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/63eb5d66848ecb4e?hl=en
==============================================================================

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 2:52 am
From: Magilla Gorilla


First of all, stop top-posting. Follow the goddamn protocol in here or pack
your bags.

Second, Abbott has small chestnuts because she's ultra-thin, unlike that
fat-ass Liz Hatch.

Thanks,

Magilla

Mexican Low Rider Mafia wrote:

> Mara Abbott has small tits.
>
> "Magilla Gorilla" <m.gorilla@sandiegozoo.org> wrote in message
> news:4BACD7AE.C7153649@sandiegozoo.org...
> > "The main tip today was to break the course into three sections and the
> > first section being technical," Armstrong said. "The second section,
> > what you thought was a flat road was actually a rough up hill road.
> > Lastly, you had to take the climb and attack it from the bottom. At the
> > end of the day I asked the girls on the team how they did and the one
> > thing I didn't want to hear was, 'I could have gone harder.'
> >
> > "I can hear things like, 'I wish I took the corner better' or 'I was a
> > little afraid on the descent' but no one wants to hear that you could
> > have gone a little harder," she added. "I try to teach people that they
> > should never try and take the win away from the winner. Whoever wins
> > that day is the strongest person and when you say you could have gone
> > harder, you take that win away from somebody."
> >
> > http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/armstrong-guides-team-at-redlands-prologue
> >
> > #########################################################################
> >
> >
> >
> > Kristin Armstrong is not too bright considering her team has a monkey on
> > their jersey.
> >
> > The only girl on the Peanut Butter team capable of winning the TT and
> > the entire race is Mara Abbott. By telling the entire team to go as
> > hard as they can in the TT, they are just needlessly wasting themselves
> > for the following day's stage. She should have told everyone besides
> > Mara to not go hard so they could save themselves for helping Mara
> > during the rest of the race.
> >
> > What a stupid director sportif.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Magilla
> >


==============================================================================
TOPIC: Cuban Missile Crisis
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/9fe1853185399433?hl=en
==============================================================================

== 1 of 3 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 3:20 am
From: Magilla Gorilla


Look at how full of themselves these green card sprinters are. Does
Ivan really think that Birrell is harboring this deep seeded resentment
because some jackass relinquished the leader's jersey in the Tour of
Fucking Missouri from 2007?


http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/03/news/nrc-champs-jamis-sutter-home-uninvited-to-atoc-dominguez-not-pleased_109417

Thanks,

Magilla

== 2 of 3 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 8:44 am
From: Fred Flintstein


Magilla Gorilla wrote:
> Look at how full of themselves these green card sprinters are. Does
> Ivan really think that Birrell is harboring this deep seeded resentment
> because some jackass relinquished the leader's jersey in the Tour of
> Fucking Missouri from 2007?
>
>
> http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/03/news/nrc-champs-jamis-sutter-home-uninvited-to-atoc-dominguez-not-pleased_109417
>
> Thanks,
>
> Magilla
>

He should stop complaining. This frees up his team to
ride the Giro instead of Radio Shack.

Fred Flintstein


== 3 of 3 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 10:21 am
From: "K. Fred Gauss"


Fred Flintstein wrote:
> Magilla Gorilla wrote:
>> Look at how full of themselves these green card sprinters are. Does
>> Ivan really think that Birrell is harboring this deep seeded resentment
>> because some jackass relinquished the leader's jersey in the Tour of
>> Fucking Missouri from 2007?
>>
>>
>> http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/03/news/nrc-champs-jamis-sutter-home-uninvited-to-atoc-dominguez-not-pleased_109417
>>
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Magilla
>>
>
> He should stop complaining. This frees up his team to
> ride the Giro instead of Radio Shack.

If his team was riding Radio Shack, then he has plenty of reason to
complain.

==============================================================================
TOPIC: Booyah!
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/1983f3658c83752d?hl=en
==============================================================================

== 1 of 3 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 3:25 am
From: Magilla Gorilla


"Mark J." wrote:

> Magilla Gorilla wrote:
> ...
> > The guy who wins the omnium at the Olympics will still be a nobody because to
> > master all those events is quite a meaningless undertaking and has little
> > translational value to road racing.
>
> Let's try this on:
>
> "The guy who wins the Tour de France will still be a nobody because to
> master all those different stages is quite a meaningless undertaking and
> has little translational value to track racing."
>
> Hmmm... Just sayin'.
>
> Mark J.

Never said that, dumbass. You must be thinking of the Tour Down Under, mate.

Thanks,

Magilla

== 2 of 3 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 3:33 am
From: Magilla Gorilla


Scott wrote:

> On Mar 26, 9:56 am, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:
> > Scott wrote:
> > > On Mar 26, 5:57 am, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:
> > > > Scott wrote:
> > > > > Phinney, Phinney!!
> >
> > > > > or, if you prefer,
> >
> > > > > USA! USA!
> >
> > > > Track worlds is meaningless.  Phinney won't medal at the Olympics.  And
> > > > stop chanting USA.  Phinney doesn't represent the United States anymore
> > > > than his mother did when she won a boycotted Olympics..  USAC doesn't
> > > > own the sport of cycling. Anybody can wear a jersey with USA on it and
> > > > claim they represent an entire nation in some quasi-official capacity.
> >
> > > > Magilla
> >
> > > You ARE amazing.  Even after broadcasting that I was just trying to
> > > hook you, you still post your drivel.   Thank you for being you.
> >
> > When people read these threads 3 years from now, they won't notice subtle
> > sarcasm because they're not going to spend the time studying our little
> > ongoing soap opera that transpires in here.  So I have to beat people down
> > using a literal interpretation of each post.
> >
> > You need to understand the audience.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Magilla
>
> W/ regards to anyone reading these threads 3 years from now, as Mr. T
> would day, "I pity the fool."
>
> As for your literal interpretations, face it, it is a function of your
> inability to discern the subtleties, even when told of the subtleties
> up front.

Face it, your sarcasm is stupid, is not funny, and I won't acknowledge it.

Magilla

== 3 of 3 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 3:37 am
From: Magilla Gorilla


heather wrote:

> Scott wrote:
>
> > W/ regards to anyone reading these threads 3 years from now, as Mr. T
> > would day, "I pity the fool."
>
> that's sorta what I was thinking too. (people will be reading this 3
> years from now? How many people are even reading it now????)
>
> h

Letter h,

People read these things when they come up in a Google search. For
example, type in "Liz Hatch forehead"

Thanks,

Magilla


==============================================================================
TOPIC: Gent-Wevelgem on TV in Europe?
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/38545409098d8617?hl=en
==============================================================================

== 1 of 4 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 5:12 am
From: Uncle Dave


I've checked Eurosport and they have the Crit Int on :-( I've had a
look through German channels website and can't find it on any of
those, which is unusal, so I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's on at
all? I have UK satellite and all German plus a lot of French, Eastern
European etc. (Can't remember which satellite it is exactly.)

Thanks in advance if you have any ideas!

UD


== 2 of 4 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 8:17 am
From: Magilla Gorilla


Uncle Dave wrote:

> I've checked Eurosport and they have the Crit Int on :-( I've had a
> look through German channels website and can't find it on any of
> those, which is unusal, so I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's on at
> all? I have UK satellite and all German plus a lot of French, Eastern
> European etc. (Can't remember which satellite it is exactly.)
>
> Thanks in advance if you have any ideas!
>
> UD

Here, let me help you out, Papa Cinzano.

You don't need to be watching this Euro crit. GW is Hincapie's Paris
Roubaix. It's his only shot at making Fred Mengoni happy every year
since nobody else in the peloton respects him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VHfI6Pfy0Q

Thanks,

Magilla

== 3 of 4 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 10:27 am
From: Uncle Dave


Anyone sane have an answer for me?

UD

== 4 of 4 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 11:45 am
From: "A. Dumas Fred"


Uncle Dave wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's on at all?

Sure. Sporza/Canvas (Flemish Belgian TV) and RTBF (Walloon Belgian TV)
between about 14:30 and 17:00 CEST.
http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/tv_radio/Volledige_programmagids_TV

Nearing the time of live video, streaming links to be found at
http://www.bvls.eu/cycling.php
http://www.cyclingfans.com/live_race_coverage
http://www.steephill.tv/classics/gent-wevelgem/
http://myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=cycling

==============================================================================
TOPIC: Hey Anton...
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/ab80f378bd8d907f?hl=en
==============================================================================

== 1 of 2 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 8:30 am
From: ronaldo_jeremiah


...think you can send Shelley Evans a FORKSTRONG bracelet? I'd say
she earned it.

http://velonews.competitor.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/track-worlds-day-3/EvansbikeTWC6_310-025.jpg

-rj


== 2 of 2 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 10:54 am
From: Magilla Gorilla


ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:

> ...think you can send Shelley Evans a FORKSTRONG bracelet? I'd say
> she earned it.
>
> http://velonews.competitor.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/track-worlds-day-3/EvansbikeTWC6_310-025.jpg
>
> -rj

She also cracked one of her front teeth in that crash. All she needs now are a couple tattoos to complete
the meth trailer park look that a lot of the women cyclists these days think is a good image for them. A
female track rider is like J-ME Carney getting a sex change. Just the thought of it is enough to make me
want to beat the Chief with a Park wheel truing stand.

Thanks,

Magilla


==============================================================================
TOPIC: calm the fuck down
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/b0933560747f61ce?hl=en
==============================================================================

== 1 of 7 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 9:08 am
From: Magilla Gorilla


Dude in the center needs to calm the fuck down with the squats.

http://velonews.competitor.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/track-worlds-day-1/GermanlegsTWC2_310-232.jpg

Magilla

== 2 of 7 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 9:15 am
From: ronaldo_jeremiah


On Mar 27, 11:08 am, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org>
wrote:
> Dude in the center needs to calm the fuck down with the squats.
>
> http://velonews.competitor.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/track-wor...
>
> Magilla


No shit. Because of those, he's going to have to wear one of those
lame rainbow jerseys.

-rj


== 3 of 7 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 9:51 am
From: Magilla Gorilla


ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:

> On Mar 27, 11:08 am, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org>
> wrote:
> > Dude in the center needs to calm the fuck down with the squats.
> >
> > http://velonews.competitor.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/track-wor...
> >
> > Magilla
>
> No shit. Because of those, he's going to have to wear one of those
> lame rainbow jerseys.
>
> -rj

You're right, the rainbow jersey is lame. They must give away about 65 of
those meaningless things every year. Everyone and their uncle has one. The
UCI doesn't own the sport of cycling and just because they declared some race
as the world championships doesn't mean anything in terms of who the best
rider is in the world, since the smart trackies know not to waste their time
and effort on worlds until it's the same year as the Olympics. But even if
you win a gold medal on the gerbil wheel in the Olympics, it's still
pointless. Do you think that when Martha walks into the local shopping mall
in Allentown, that women fall all over him? I bet you Nick Chenowth's
personal cocksucker wouldn't even be recognized in 99% of every bike shop in
the U.S. That's pretty fucking sad if you think about it.

There's a reason why nobody in the United States could identify a single
rainbow jersey winner if they were to walk right up to them in a Walmart
checkout line. It's because it's a meaningless jersey. There's a reason why
Lance hasn't raced worlds since 1947.

You sound like you also aspire to win the Tour of Somerville one day just
because Jackie Simes told you it was a great race.

Thanks,

Magilla

== 4 of 7 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 9:56 am
From: ronaldo_jeremiah


On Mar 27, 11:51 am, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org>
wrote:
> ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:
> > On Mar 27, 11:08 am, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org>
> > wrote:
> > > Dude in the center needs to calm the fuck down with the squats.
>
> > >http://velonews.competitor.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/track-wor...
>
> > > Magilla
>
> > No shit.  Because of those, he's going to have to wear one of those
> > lame rainbow jerseys.
>
> > -rj
>
> You're right, the rainbow jersey is lame.  They must give away about 65 of
> those meaningless things every year.  Everyone and their uncle has one.  The
> UCI doesn't own the sport of cycling and just because they declared some race
> as the world championships doesn't mean anything in terms of who the best
> rider is in the world, since the smart trackies know not to waste their time
> and effort on worlds until it's the same year as the Olympics.  But even if
> you win a gold medal on the gerbil wheel in the Olympics, it's still
> pointless.  Do you think that when Martha walks into the local shopping mall
> in Allentown, that women fall all over him? I bet you Nick Chenowth's
> personal cocksucker wouldn't even be recognized in 99% of every bike shop in
> the U.S.  That's pretty fucking sad if you think about it.
>
> There's a reason why nobody in the United States could identify a single
> rainbow jersey winner if they were to walk right up to them in a Walmart
> checkout line.  It's because it's a meaningless jersey.  There's a reason why
> Lance hasn't raced worlds since 1947.
>
> You sound like you also aspire to win the Tour of Somerville one day just
> because Jackie Simes told you it was a great race.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Magilla

Massengil Hatton -

I agree with you. Sports are pointless.

-rj


== 5 of 7 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 10:26 am
From: "K. Fred Gauss"


ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:
> On Mar 27, 11:51 am, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org>
> wrote:
>> ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:
>>> On Mar 27, 11:08 am, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org>
>>> wrote:
>>>> Dude in the center needs to calm the fuck down with the squats.
>>>> http://velonews.competitor.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/track-wor...
>>>> Magilla
>>> No shit. Because of those, he's going to have to wear one of those
>>> lame rainbow jerseys.
>>> -rj
>> You're right, the rainbow jersey is lame. They must give away about 65 of
>> those meaningless things every year. Everyone and their uncle has one. The
>> UCI doesn't own the sport of cycling and just because they declared some race
>> as the world championships doesn't mean anything in terms of who the best
>> rider is in the world, since the smart trackies know not to waste their time
>> and effort on worlds until it's the same year as the Olympics. But even if
>> you win a gold medal on the gerbil wheel in the Olympics, it's still
>> pointless. Do you think that when Martha walks into the local shopping mall
>> in Allentown, that women fall all over him? I bet you Nick Chenowth's
>> personal cocksucker wouldn't even be recognized in 99% of every bike shop in
>> the U.S. That's pretty fucking sad if you think about it.
>>
>> There's a reason why nobody in the United States could identify a single
>> rainbow jersey winner if they were to walk right up to them in a Walmart
>> checkout line. It's because it's a meaningless jersey. There's a reason why
>> Lance hasn't raced worlds since 1947.
>>
>> You sound like you also aspire to win the Tour of Somerville one day just
>> because Jackie Simes told you it was a great race.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Magilla
>
>
>
> Massengil Hatton -
>
> I agree with you. Sports are pointless.

Dumbass,

Life, generally, is pointless.

Magilla is correct. Nobody in the United States could identify Niels
Bohr or Jean-Paul Sartre if they were to walk right up to them in a
Walmart checkout line.


== 6 of 7 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 11:01 am
From: Magilla Gorilla


ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:

> On Mar 27, 11:51 am, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org>
> wrote:
> > ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:
> > > On Mar 27, 11:08 am, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org>
> > > wrote:
> > > > Dude in the center needs to calm the fuck down with the squats.
> >
> > > >http://velonews.competitor.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/track-wor...
> >
> > > > Magilla
> >
> > > No shit.  Because of those, he's going to have to wear one of those
> > > lame rainbow jerseys.
> >
> > > -rj
> >
> > You're right, the rainbow jersey is lame.  They must give away about 65 of
> > those meaningless things every year.  Everyone and their uncle has one.  The
> > UCI doesn't own the sport of cycling and just because they declared some race
> > as the world championships doesn't mean anything in terms of who the best
> > rider is in the world, since the smart trackies know not to waste their time
> > and effort on worlds until it's the same year as the Olympics.  But even if
> > you win a gold medal on the gerbil wheel in the Olympics, it's still
> > pointless.  Do you think that when Martha walks into the local shopping mall
> > in Allentown, that women fall all over him? I bet you Nick Chenowth's
> > personal cocksucker wouldn't even be recognized in 99% of every bike shop in
> > the U.S.  That's pretty fucking sad if you think about it.
> >
> > There's a reason why nobody in the United States could identify a single
> > rainbow jersey winner if they were to walk right up to them in a Walmart
> > checkout line.  It's because it's a meaningless jersey.  There's a reason why
> > Lance hasn't raced worlds since 1947.
> >
> > You sound like you also aspire to win the Tour of Somerville one day just
> > because Jackie Simes told you it was a great race.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Magilla
>
> Massengil Hatton -
>
> I agree with you. Sports are pointless.
>
> -rj

It's worse than that. Athletes need to be jailed.

Magilla

== 7 of 7 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 11:40 am
From: ronaldo_jeremiah


On Mar 27, 1:01 pm, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:

>
> It's worse than that.  Athletes need to be jailed.
>
> Magilla


Dumbass -

Have you ever considered coaching Little League?

-rj


==============================================================================
TOPIC: Nice racing in Corsica ! Old boss and New boss blow up...
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/404f6ea414c2b1e6?hl=en
==============================================================================

== 1 of 2 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 10:31 am
From: Keith


Very strong wind on the last climb, LA was in the back, then went to
the front but when Vino acclerated at 5km to go he blew up with Popo
(both finished 5' back)...then at 2km to go when Vino got off the
front...AC blew up (he finished 1' back)...After that all the second
fiddles (Evans, Rodgers, Sancherz, etc...) were confused as to what to
do since the new boss and the old boss were gone and that allowed
Fedrigo to win the race

Wonder what AC will have to say about this, bonked ? At least LA won't
be able to make fun of him like he did last year during Paris-Nice.


== 2 of 2 ==
Date: Sat, Mar 27 2010 11:48 am
From: "A. Dumas Fred"


Keith wrote:
> Wonder what AC will have to say about this, bonked ?

Allergies, which he always had:
http://twitter.com/albertocontador/status/11150842036


==============================================================================

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "rec.bicycles.racing"
group.

To post to this group, visit http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing?hl=en

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rec.bicycles.racing+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com

To change the way you get mail from this group, visit:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/subscribe?hl=en

To report abuse, send email explaining the problem to abuse@googlegroups.com

==============================================================================
Google Groups: http://groups.google.com/?hl=en

gsk

https://secure.shareit.com/shareit/checkout.html?PRODUCT[300429992]=1&languageid=1&stylefrom=300429992&backlink=http%3A%2F%2Fforexguide.blogspot.com&cookies=1¤cies=USD&pts=VISA,MASTERCARD,AMEX,DC