Thursday, May 26, 2011

rec.bicycles.racing - 25 new messages in 8 topics - digest

Buzz It
rec.bicycles.racing
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing?hl=en

rec.bicycles.racing@googlegroups.com

Today's topics:

* Lance Armstrong Doping Investigation On '60 Minutes' - 1 messages, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/31e67e3191f26e9e?hl=en
* Why would someone that tested clean 500 times need attorneys such as these? -
2 messages, 2 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/c30539db138ece33?hl=en
* Clean Winners of the Tour de France - as far as we know. - 1 messages, 1
author
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/f80794803424a89e?hl=en
* Race of Truth - 3 messages, 3 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/754acf442d045584?hl=en
* Ridiculous - 9 messages, 6 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/f60e88a904cd0775?hl=en
* Armstrong Hires More Lawyers - 4 messages, 4 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/6354f43d0aae04a1?hl=en
* Tyler is "Sincere, honest"... - 4 messages, 4 authors
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/82497f8d773deb37?hl=en
* Tour de France Fantasy game is FREE - 1 messages, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/25a307d5af41cfe3?hl=en

==============================================================================
TOPIC: Lance Armstrong Doping Investigation On '60 Minutes'
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/31e67e3191f26e9e?hl=en
==============================================================================

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Thurs, May 26 2011 3:36 pm
From: "Dano"


"Mason Barge" wrote in message
news:nd1tt6tne7rfvosi1kja4qqmo0649spe34@4ax.com...

On Wed, 25 May 2011 17:43:43 -0400, "Dano" <janeanddano@yahoo.com> wrote:

>"Mason Barge" wrote in message
>news:orlqt65k2kn3n5pumspb0rpkpan6jolso6@4ax.com...
>
>On Tue, 24 May 2011 12:33:36 -0700 (PDT), Vagina Gorilla
><vaginagorilla@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
>>Lara Logan had her flame snuffed out in Egypt. Doesn't even appear
>>to be the same person.
>
>I lean the other way. She's earned some street cred as a journalist
>rather than a pretty face. She's distanced herself from the likes of
>Katie Couric. I could hardly stand her before. Now, I listen to what she
>says.
>
>She was pretty whiny about the sexual assault, and putting herself in that
>position might have been 90% stupidity and 10% guts, but still . . . she
>wasn't sitting in a studio or claiming 5 years of Capitol Hill reporting
>constitutes her "journalistic background".
>
>==============================================
>
>How did she "put herself in that position" any more than Daniel Pearl and
>countless other journalists who have been killed in pursuit of a story...in
>a pursuit of truth being brought to their viewers and/or readers? It's
>both a noble AND dangerous profession. They all know the risks regardless
>of gender.

I agree completely. What I'm bemoaning is that some of the most prominent
"journalists" -- i.e. national anchors -- haven't ever done so.

It used to be that anchors were supposed to be people who had worked their
way up through the ranks, giving good reporting even in the toughest
assignments. Now we have people anchoring news shows (<cough> <Katie
Couric><Brian Williams><cough>) whose big journalistic credentials consist
of talking to important people on Capitol Hill.

=====================================

I was just responding to the line, "She was pretty whiny about the sexual
assault, and putting herself in that
position might have been 90% stupidity and 10% guts." That's hardly the
first time I've read or heard a similar sentiment and it outrages me.


==============================================================================
TOPIC: Why would someone that tested clean 500 times need attorneys such as
these?
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/c30539db138ece33?hl=en
==============================================================================

== 1 of 2 ==
Date: Thurs, May 26 2011 3:43 pm
From: ilan


On May 26, 6:24 pm, Anton Berlin <truth_88...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Seems strange..
>
> John Keker and Elliot Peters of San Francisco represented Major League
> Baseball players as they won a key appeals court case two years ago in
> which a panel of federal judges ruled that agents had no right to
> seize baseball's anonymous drug-testing results from 2003.
>
> Read more:http://www.cbc.ca/sports/moresports/story/2011/05/26/sp-uci-armstrong...

Of course, if he were innocent, he wouldn't need a lawyer since he
wouldn't have anything to hide. Anyway, you can't trust what lawyers
say in the courtroom, since they are being paid by the defendant.

-ilan


== 2 of 2 ==
Date: Thurs, May 26 2011 5:02 pm
From: --D-y


On May 26, 2:40 pm, BL <b...@verizon.net> wrote:
> On 5/26/2011 3:37 PM, --D-y wrote:
>
>
>
> > On May 26, 11:24 am, Anton Berlin<truth_88...@yahoo.com>  wrote:
> >> Seems strange..
>
> >> John Keker and Elliot Peters of San Francisco represented Major League
> >> Baseball players as they won a key appeals court case two years ago in
> >> which a panel of federal judges ruled that agents had no right to
> >> seize baseball's anonymous drug-testing results from 2003.
>
> >> Read more:http://www.cbc.ca/sports/moresports/story/2011/05/26/sp-uci-armstrong...
>
> > Because we all in America are entitled to the best legal defense we
> > can afford.
>
> > Or, when they come for you, you can just go along with it-- or, the
> > way a person I know in the legal business used to say:
> > "Which ones of your rights do you want to give up?".
>
> > The agent in question being Novitsky, who still hasn't returned the
> > illegally gathered materials in spite of a legal request to do so?
> > I gotta say, if so, that was really chicken-shit on your part. And it
> > does go back to protection, and not being the victim of a witch hunt,
> > whether you are "guilty" or not.
>
> > If "they" can, they will nail Armstrong to the cross. There is money
> > to be made here! (the Federales having hired "the best" they could
> > get). Book deals, interviews-- fame, fortune in who-knows-what manners
> > and forms...
> > --D-y
>
> Dude, the materials aren't in Novitsky's possession or under his control
> from what I've been told.

The materials were illegally gathered and apparently continue to be
illegally held. Novitsky was point in the operation. Don't make
excuses.
--D-y

==============================================================================
TOPIC: Clean Winners of the Tour de France - as far as we know.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/f80794803424a89e?hl=en
==============================================================================

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Thurs, May 26 2011 3:44 pm
From: ilan


On May 26, 8:29 pm, Choppy Warburton <choppywarbur...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> On May 26, 1:00 pm, "Benjo Maso" <benjo.m...@upcmail.nl> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > "A. Dumas"  schreef in berichtnews:4dde8ebc$0$49047$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl...
>
> > Benjo Maso wrote:
> > > OK, if we only count riders clever enough to not be mixed in doping
> > > affairs, that makes
>
> > > 1991 Lemond
> > > 1992 Hampsten
> > > 1993 Jaskula
> > > 1994 Pellicioli
> > > 1995 Mauri
> > > 1996 Lüttenberger
> > > 1997 Zberg
> > > 1998 Julich
> > > 1999 Nardello
> > > 2000 Nardello
> > >Gah. From that list I guess I only trust Lemond (and don't know
> > >Pellicioli).
>
> > Pellicioli finished 15th in 1994...
> > But what about:
>
> > 1990 Lemond
> > 1989 Lemond
> > 1988 Parra
> > 1987 J.-F. Bernard
> > 1986 Lemond
> > 1985 Lemond
> > 1984 Criquelion
> > 1983 Lubberding
> > 1982 Daniel Willems
> > 1981 De Muynck
> > 1980 Kuiper
> > 1979 Kuiper
> > 1978 Galdos
> > 1977 Kuiper
> > 1976 Riccomi
> > 1975 Fuchs
> > 1974 Panizza
> > 1973 Fuente
> > 1972 Ward Janssens
> > 1971 Galdos
> > 1970 Gösta Petterson
> > 1969 Gandarias
> > 1968 San Miguel
>
> > 5 wins for Lemond, 3 for Hennie Kuiper!!!
>
> > Benjo
>
> Lemond doped.  Don't be stupid.

Yes, but since he was sexually abused as a child, it doesn't count.

-ilan

==============================================================================
TOPIC: Race of Truth
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/754acf442d045584?hl=en
==============================================================================

== 1 of 3 ==
Date: Thurs, May 26 2011 3:55 pm
From: ilan


On May 26, 10:25 pm, Simply Fred <n...@mailinator.com> wrote:
> NoDannyNo wrote:
> > Instead of wasting time trying to to parse the truth out of all the
> > nonsense being spewed by professional cheaters, liars, and
> > obfuscators, I propose the following: Put Armstrong, Landis, and
> > Hamilton into isolated cells at a maximum security prison for 4
> > months.  They will each be given 2 hours a day to train on an
> > ergometer under close surveillance and will be provided identical
> > meals, drinks, etc.  No drugs of any kind-- not even caffeine.
>
> For complete parity a testicle removal will also be required for
> Hamilton and Landis.

You mean added.

-ilan


== 2 of 3 ==
Date: Thurs, May 26 2011 7:14 pm
From: dave a


On 5/26/2011 3:55 PM, ilan wrote:
> On May 26, 10:25 pm, Simply Fred<n...@mailinator.com> wrote:
>> NoDannyNo wrote:
>>> Instead of wasting time trying to to parse the truth out of all the
>>> nonsense being spewed by professional cheaters, liars, and
>>> obfuscators, I propose the following: Put Armstrong, Landis, and
>>> Hamilton into isolated cells at a maximum security prison for 4
>>> months. They will each be given 2 hours a day to train on an
>>> ergometer under close surveillance and will be provided identical
>>> meals, drinks, etc. No drugs of any kind-- not even caffeine.
>>
>> For complete parity a testicle removal will also be required for
>> Hamilton and Landis.
>
> You mean added.
>
> -ilan

most excellent reply!


== 3 of 3 ==
Date: Thurs, May 26 2011 8:28 pm
From: Frederick the Great


In article
<36993590-a581-4002-a66f-9459a9aac998@p23g2000vbl.googlegroups.com>,
NoDannyNo <riggodeezil@hotmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Appallingly dull, unimaginative, tedious,
and irrepressibly drab and awful fantasy.

--
Old Fritz

==============================================================================
TOPIC: Ridiculous
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/f60e88a904cd0775?hl=en
==============================================================================

== 1 of 9 ==
Date: Thurs, May 26 2011 4:12 pm
From: Brad Anders


http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/prudhomme-surprised-by-delay-in-contador-hearing

Other than the feds going after a guy for doping with 500+ negative
tests, the fact that we can't even know who won a race a year after it
took place is pretty clear evidence that the current UCI/WADA/CAS dope
testing and appeal process is totally broken. Just do it like NASCAR -
if you're found cheating after the fact, fine the shit out of you but
don't change the fucking results.


== 2 of 9 ==
Date: Thurs, May 26 2011 4:46 pm
From: "Mike Jacoubowsky"


"Brad Anders" <pbanders@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:7e404609-c07a-4174-b08b-466905f873e9@35g2000prp.googlegroups.com...
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/prudhomme-surprised-by-delay-in-contador-hearing
>
> Other than the feds going after a guy for doping with 500+ negative
> tests, the fact that we can't even know who won a race a year after it
> took place is pretty clear evidence that the current UCI/WADA/CAS dope
> testing and appeal process is totally broken. Just do it like NASCAR -
> if you're found cheating after the fact, fine the shit out of you but
> don't change the fucking results.

Don't just fine them, penalize the entire team with a time penalty at future
races, like on the Amazing Race. "Detours" would take on an entirely-new
meaning. Maybe at some random point in the race the team has to stop and
solve a puzzle before continuing.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

== 3 of 9 ==
Date: Thurs, May 26 2011 5:14 pm
From: ilan


On May 27, 1:12 am, Brad Anders <pband...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/prudhomme-surprised-by-delay-in-conta...
>
> Other than the feds going after a guy for doping with 500+ negative
> tests, the fact that we can't even know who won a race a year after it
> took place is pretty clear evidence that the current UCI/WADA/CAS dope
> testing and appeal process is totally broken. Just do it like NASCAR -
> if you're found cheating after the fact, fine the shit out of you but
> don't change the fucking results.

At first, I didn't find your argument very compelling but your final
use of the f-word convinced me. Good job!

-ilan


== 4 of 9 ==
Date: Thurs, May 26 2011 6:08 pm
From: RicodJour


On May 26, 7:46 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com>
wrote:
> "Brad Anders" <pband...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:7e404609-c07a-4174-b08b-466905f873e9@35g2000prp.googlegroups.com...
>
> >http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/prudhomme-surprised-by-delay-in-conta...
>
> > Other than the feds going after a guy for doping with 500+ negative
> > tests, the fact that we can't even know who won a race a year after it
> > took place is pretty clear evidence that the current UCI/WADA/CAS dope
> > testing and appeal process is totally broken. Just do it like NASCAR -
> > if you're found cheating after the fact, fine the shit out of you but
> > don't change the fucking results.
>
> Don't just fine them, penalize the entire team with a time penalty at future
> races, like on the Amazing Race. "Detours" would take on an entirely-new
> meaning. Maybe at some random point in the race the team has to stop and
> solve a puzzle before continuing.

How about a true handicap, like in horse racing? Add a little weight
here and there to even things up. Or sails - like a flying squirrel
skinsuit. Maybe they could make them wear a ridiculous anti-
aerodyamic dunce helmet.

At least that would be entertaining and would help reestablish the
sense of fair play and ridicule the dopers, which is how it is
supposed to work.

R


== 5 of 9 ==
Date: Thurs, May 26 2011 7:19 pm
From: "Steve Freides"


RicodJour wrote:
> On May 26, 7:46 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com>
> wrote:
>> "Brad Anders" <pband...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> news:7e404609-c07a-4174-b08b-466905f873e9@35g2000prp.googlegroups.com...
>>
>>> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/prudhomme-surprised-by-delay-in-conta...
>>
>>> Other than the feds going after a guy for doping with 500+ negative
>>> tests, the fact that we can't even know who won a race a year after
>>> it took place is pretty clear evidence that the current
>>> UCI/WADA/CAS dope testing and appeal process is totally broken.
>>> Just do it like NASCAR - if you're found cheating after the fact,
>>> fine the shit out of you but don't change the fucking results.
>>
>> Don't just fine them, penalize the entire team with a time penalty
>> at future races, like on the Amazing Race. "Detours" would take on
>> an entirely-new meaning. Maybe at some random point in the race the
>> team has to stop and solve a puzzle before continuing.
>
> How about a true handicap, like in horse racing? Add a little weight
> here and there to even things up. Or sails - like a flying squirrel
> skinsuit. Maybe they could make them wear a ridiculous anti-
> aerodyamic dunce helmet.
>
> At least that would be entertaining and would help reestablish the
> sense of fair play and ridicule the dopers, which is how it is
> supposed to work.
>
> R

So we're basically saying that _any_ system from _any_ other sport would
be better than the one used in cycling? Sounds right to me.

-S-


== 6 of 9 ==
Date: Thurs, May 26 2011 7:31 pm
From: "Mike Jacoubowsky"


"RicodJour" <ricodjour@worldemail.com> wrote in message
news:76068bd8-c4e2-45dd-a9c7-5fea50ff1495@f11g2000vbx.googlegroups.com...
On May 26, 7:46 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com>
wrote:
> "Brad Anders" <pband...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:7e404609-c07a-4174-b08b-466905f873e9@35g2000prp.googlegroups.com...
>
> >http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/prudhomme-surprised-by-delay-in-conta...
>
> > Other than the feds going after a guy for doping with 500+ negative
> > tests, the fact that we can't even know who won a race a year after it
> > took place is pretty clear evidence that the current UCI/WADA/CAS dope
> > testing and appeal process is totally broken. Just do it like NASCAR -
> > if you're found cheating after the fact, fine the shit out of you but
> > don't change the fucking results.
>
> Don't just fine them, penalize the entire team with a time penalty at
> future
> races, like on the Amazing Race. "Detours" would take on an entirely-new
> meaning. Maybe at some random point in the race the team has to stop and
> solve a puzzle before continuing.
=======
How about a true handicap, like in horse racing? Add a little weight
here and there to even things up. Or sails - like a flying squirrel
skinsuit. Maybe they could make them wear a ridiculous anti-
aerodyamic dunce helmet.

At least that would be entertaining and would help reestablish the
sense of fair play and ridicule the dopers, which is how it is
supposed to work.

R
=======

I was thinking we could have the dopers (that have been caught) wear a big
scarlet "D" on an armband. Maybe instead of a time penalty, make it weight.
That would actually make sense. On a climbing stage, they get a 3-kilo
penalty. Ouch!

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

== 7 of 9 ==
Date: Thurs, May 26 2011 7:34 pm
From: --D-y


On May 26, 9:19 pm, "Steve Freides" <st...@kbnj.com> wrote:
> RicodJour wrote:
> > On May 26, 7:46 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com>
> > wrote:
> >> "Brad Anders" <pband...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> >>news:7e404609-c07a-4174-b08b-466905f873e9@35g2000prp.googlegroups.com...
>
> >>>http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/prudhomme-surprised-by-delay-in-conta...
>
> >>> Other than the feds going after a guy for doping with 500+ negative
> >>> tests, the fact that we can't even know who won a race a year after
> >>> it took place is pretty clear evidence that the current
> >>> UCI/WADA/CAS dope testing and appeal process is totally broken.
> >>> Just do it like NASCAR - if you're found cheating after the fact,
> >>> fine the shit out of you but don't change the fucking results.
>
> >> Don't just fine them, penalize the entire team with a time penalty
> >> at future races, like on the Amazing Race. "Detours" would take on
> >> an entirely-new meaning. Maybe at some random point in the race the
> >> team has to stop and solve a puzzle before continuing.
>
> > How about a true handicap, like in horse racing?  Add a little weight
> > here and there to even things up.  Or sails - like a flying squirrel
> > skinsuit.   Maybe they could make them wear a ridiculous anti-

> > aerodyamic dunce helmet.
>
> > At least that would be entertaining and would help reestablish the
> > sense of fair play and ridicule the dopers, which is how it is
> > supposed to work.
>
> > R
>
> So we're basically saying that _any_ system from _any_ other sport would
> be better than the one used in cycling?  Sounds right to me.

So far I think we've seen "just as bad but more obviously stupid". Or,
maybe not stupider than making rules that can't be evenly and fairly
enforced on the day.
--D-y


== 8 of 9 ==
Date: Thurs, May 26 2011 9:17 pm
From: RicodJour


On May 26, 10:31 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com>
wrote:
> "RicodJour" <ricodj...@worldemail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:76068bd8-c4e2-45dd-a9c7-5fea50ff1495@f11g2000vbx.googlegroups.com...
> On May 26, 7:46 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com>
> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > "Brad Anders" <pband...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> >news:7e404609-c07a-4174-b08b-466905f873e9@35g2000prp.googlegroups.com...
>
> > >http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/prudhomme-surprised-by-delay-in-conta...
>
> > > Other than the feds going after a guy for doping with 500+ negative
> > > tests, the fact that we can't even know who won a race a year after it
> > > took place is pretty clear evidence that the current UCI/WADA/CAS dope
> > > testing and appeal process is totally broken. Just do it like NASCAR -
> > > if you're found cheating after the fact, fine the shit out of you but
> > > don't change the fucking results.
>
> > Don't just fine them, penalize the entire team with a time penalty at
> > future
> > races, like on the Amazing Race. "Detours" would take on an entirely-new
> > meaning. Maybe at some random point in the race the team has to stop and
> > solve a puzzle before continuing.
>
> =======
> How about a true handicap, like in horse racing?  Add a little weight
> here and there to even things up.  Or sails - like a flying squirrel
> skinsuit.   Maybe they could make them wear a ridiculous anti-
> aerodyamic dunce helmet.
>
> At least that would be entertaining and would help reestablish the
> sense of fair play and ridicule the dopers, which is how it is
> supposed to work.
>
>
> I was thinking we could have the dopers (that have been caught) wear a big
> scarlet "D" on an armband. Maybe instead of a time penalty, make it weight.
> That would actually make sense. On a climbing stage, they get a 3-kilo
> penalty. Ouch!

Hmmm....maybe we should tie in some other programming. How about if
someone fails a dope test he has to give Snooki a ride on his
handlebars? Gack! Does anyone know how I can put out my mental-
image eye? I'm totally revolted - probably would be one hell of a
deterent.

R


== 9 of 9 ==
Date: Thurs, May 26 2011 9:47 pm
From: Brad Anders


On May 26, 5:14 pm, ilan <ilan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> At first, I didn't find your argument very compelling but your final
> use of the f-word convinced me. Good job!

Thank you, I aim to please.

==============================================================================
TOPIC: Armstrong Hires More Lawyers
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/6354f43d0aae04a1?hl=en
==============================================================================

== 1 of 4 ==
Date: Thurs, May 26 2011 4:25 pm
From: Brad Anders


On May 26, 8:30 am, BL <b...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Sadly, for Gunderson, the case against him is far
> more extensive that blood and unine samples obtained by the Feds from
> Europe.

Other than "he said, she said" testimony from various witnesses, some
who are known doping liars, what physical evidence do you cite to
support your claim that the case against him is "more extensive" than
the samples and tests we already know about? Given the continual leaks
in this case, if there's any paper trail or other records that have
been uncovered, I think we'd have heard about them by now.

Who knows, such records as yet may be found. I'm sure they existed at
one time. Or, perhaps, those records from as much as 10+ years ago
have long been obliterated. Until then, I suspect that LA's new
lawyers will be focusing more on destroying the credibility of Landis,
Hamilton, Hincapie, Mercier, etc.


== 2 of 4 ==
Date: Thurs, May 26 2011 5:21 pm
From: ilan


On May 27, 1:25 am, Brad Anders <pband...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 26, 8:30 am, BL <b...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > Sadly, for Gunderson, the case against him is far
> > more extensive that blood and unine samples obtained by the Feds from
> > Europe.
>
> Other than "he said, she said" testimony from various witnesses, some
> who are known doping liars, what physical evidence do you cite to
> support your claim that the case against him is "more extensive" than
> the samples and tests we already know about? Given the continual leaks
> in this case, if there's any paper trail or other records that have
> been uncovered, I think we'd have heard about them by now.
>
> Who knows, such records as yet may be found. I'm sure they existed at
> one time. Or, perhaps, those records from as much as 10+ years ago
> have long been obliterated. Until then, I suspect that LA's new
> lawyers will be focusing more on destroying the credibility of Landis,
> Hamilton, Hincapie, Mercier, etc.

In fact, the witness situation inherently favours Armstrong. Any rider
testifying that he saw him dope will contradict previous statements to
the contrary, so will be proved to be an established liar.

-ilan


== 3 of 4 ==
Date: Thurs, May 26 2011 9:50 pm
From: "A. Dumas"


Brad Anders wrote:
> various witnesses, some
> who are known doping liars

Dumbass,

Lying then got them a pay check.
Lying now gets them a jail ticket.


== 4 of 4 ==
Date: Thurs, May 26 2011 11:29 pm
From: Phil H


On May 26, 5:21 pm, ilan <ilan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 27, 1:25 am, Brad Anders <pband...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > On May 26, 8:30 am, BL <b...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > > Sadly, for Gunderson, the case against him is far
> > > more extensive that blood and unine samples obtained by the Feds from
> > > Europe.
>
> > Other than "he said, she said" testimony from various witnesses, some
> > who are known doping liars, what physical evidence do you cite to
> > support your claim that the case against him is "more extensive" than
> > the samples and tests we already know about? Given the continual leaks
> > in this case, if there's any paper trail or other records that have
> > been uncovered, I think we'd have heard about them by now.
>
> > Who knows, such records as yet may be found. I'm sure they existed at
> > one time. Or, perhaps, those records from as much as 10+ years ago
> > have long been obliterated. Until then, I suspect that LA's new
> > lawyers will be focusing more on destroying the credibility of Landis,
> > Hamilton, Hincapie, Mercier, etc.
>
> In fact, the witness situation inherently favours Armstrong. Any rider
> testifying that he saw him dope will contradict previous statements to
> the contrary, so will be proved to be an established liar.
>

An observation and view not shared by the Lance haters. You should
employ their infallible test of the truth. If I say I never doped its
a lie, if I say I doped and implicate Lance its the truth. Someone
should submit this as an infallible truth test.
Thanks
Phil H

==============================================================================
TOPIC: Tyler is "Sincere, honest"...
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/82497f8d773deb37?hl=en
==============================================================================

== 1 of 4 ==
Date: Thurs, May 26 2011 4:29 pm
From: Brad Anders


On May 26, 9:59 am, Jimmy July <F...@Burger.com> wrote:
> On 5/26/2011 9:43 AM, Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
>
> > And regarding Tyler, did you or did you not read him as saying he was
> > introduced to doping during Armstrong's reign at USPS? Do you believe
> > that to be true?
>
> Tyler still insists he didn't dope for the Olympics. "60 Minutes" didn't
> pursue the question.

Among other things. There were dozens of unasked questions during that
interview. Pretty crappy reporting.


== 2 of 4 ==
Date: Thurs, May 26 2011 6:29 pm
From: Fredmaster of Brainerd


On May 26, 10:20 am, BL <b...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> I'll make a prediction. Weisel, Och, Johnson and Stapleton will turn on
> Armstrong to save themselves.  Weisel isn't going to prison for
> Armstrong. Stapleton won't if he can help it, although he had more
> intimate dealings with Armstrong than some of the others.

This is about the fourth or fifth time that I've asked
you why you keep putting Ochowicz in the line up.
Yes he is a sleaze. Yes he worked for Weisel at some
point. But he was never a principal in Tailwind Sports, he
was never associated with the US Postal team. No one
has advanced a remotely rational theory of how Ochowicz
is on the hook for this. And yet you keep predicting his
ensnarement, which makes it painfully obvious that
the list is a list not of likely targets but of your obsessions.

If anyone has a good theory of how Ochowicz is involved
in this heinous fraud committed on the US Postal Service
by sponsorship of the USPS cycling team, now would be
a good time to air it. I will listen to any rational argument.

Thanks,
Fredmaster Ben

== 3 of 4 ==
Date: Thurs, May 26 2011 7:04 pm
From: Jimmy July


On 5/26/2011 4:29 PM, Brad Anders wrote:
> On May 26, 9:59 am, Jimmy July<F...@Burger.com> wrote:
>> On 5/26/2011 9:43 AM, Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
>>
>>> And regarding Tyler, did you or did you not read him as saying he was
>>> introduced to doping during Armstrong's reign at USPS? Do you believe
>>> that to be true?
>>
>> Tyler still insists he didn't dope for the Olympics. "60 Minutes" didn't
>> pursue the question.
>
> Among other things. There were dozens of unasked questions during that
> interview. Pretty crappy reporting.

Right. On top of that, I get the idea that part of Tyler's problem
during the interview was that he's used to answering questions from
prosecutors while "60 Minutes" was focused on whether LA doped or not.
Tyler was like "Yeah, all of us did. All the teams did. What planet are
you from, anyway?" The prosecutors already know LA took drugs, so that's
not where they've been probing. It's a completely different perspective.
For that reason, it's dangerous to try to deduce anything about the
investigation from that interview.

I'll do it anyway. From a certain perspective, Tyler's statements might
have been designed to protect Lance. Tyler indicates that many people on
the team took drugs, but he doesn't implicate Lance as a source of
distribution. He's very careful to ensure that he doesn't make that claim.


== 4 of 4 ==
Date: Thurs, May 26 2011 7:34 pm
From: "Mike Jacoubowsky"


"Brad Anders" <pbanders@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:8879163f-63dd-4c5b-bbd2-aac6abaa503c@r27g2000prr.googlegroups.com...
On May 26, 9:59 am, Jimmy July <F...@Burger.com> wrote:
> On 5/26/2011 9:43 AM, Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
>
> > And regarding Tyler, did you or did you not read him as saying he was
> > introduced to doping during Armstrong's reign at USPS? Do you believe
> > that to be true?
>
> Tyler still insists he didn't dope for the Olympics. "60 Minutes" didn't
> pursue the question.
=====
Among other things. There were dozens of unasked questions during that
interview. Pretty crappy reporting.
=====
More specifically, either crappy editing or craftily done to give the story
60 minutes wanted to deliver. They intereviewed Tyler for over three hours
(or was it much longer than that? Don't recall specifically, but Scott
what's-his-name was on Letterman the other night talking about it). We saw
very little of that three hours.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA


==============================================================================
TOPIC: Tour de France Fantasy game is FREE
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/25a307d5af41cfe3?hl=en
==============================================================================

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Thurs, May 26 2011 7:51 pm
From: Postman Delivers


http://www.halfordstdfgame.co.uk

A fantasy game of the Tour de France. Cousin sent this from the UK...

Might be able to enter from US side of the pond, maybe interesting.
Anyway the start is on 2 July...

JR the postman

==============================================================================

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "rec.bicycles.racing"
group.

To post to this group, visit http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing?hl=en

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rec.bicycles.racing+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com

To change the way you get mail from this group, visit:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/subscribe?hl=en

To report abuse, send email explaining the problem to abuse@googlegroups.com

==============================================================================
Google Groups: http://groups.google.com/?hl=en

Welcome to TestFunda

Buzz It
TESTfunda
27-May-11

TestFunda.com - LEARN with THE LEADER in Online Test Prep

Demo Lessons   |   Take a Free Test   |   Buy Courses   |   Fun Learning Games   |   100-Percentilers

     

Dear loajsg nums,


Welcome to TestFunda.com - The leader in online test prep. Given below is a list of services offered by TestFunda.com to all its registered users. We are here to help you in every aspect of your entrance exam preparation.


All the best,
TestFunda Team


 
 
MBA Preparation Courseware (Online-CD-Print)
TestFunda offers study material in Online and Offline (CD, Print) format. This allows students to prepare in the environment they are comfortable.
UPSC Preparation Courseware (Online-CD-Print)
TestFunda offers study material in Online and Offline (CD, Print) format. This allows students to prepare in the environment they are comfortable.
Free Online Content  
The Content is prepared by the experienced TestFunda faculty and IIM alumni.
MBA Exam Information and Updates
Here, you will find information on State Level and National Level exams. News updates, eligibility, test info, paper pattern, duration and important dates and much more details are available.
GD & PI Prep
Find and ask all you wanted to know about MBA preparation.
Compete!
Play, win and learn with TestFunda contests & events.
For more options click here.
About TestFunda.com
- TestFunda an initiative by Enabilon Learning Pvt Ltd., is backed by www.ZeusLearning.com. 5 IIT-IIM graduates form the Management Team.
- The 85+ member content and technology team has vast experience in Online Coaching and Computer-Based Training and Testing.
- For 9 years Zeus has created award-winning courseware for companies like Discovery Channel, Reader's Digest, Texas Instruments, Pearson Education.
- The TestFunda Advisory Board comprises CEOs and MDs of international educational companies.
     
ABOUT | WHY TESTFUNDA | FAQ | PRIVACY | SUPPORT | CONTACT | DISCUSS
© Enabilon Learning Private Limited. All rights reserved

Enjoy $10 OFF + Up to 60% OFF on Memorial Day Sale!

Buzz It


* Product availability and prices displayed are subject to changes according to merchants' discretion.
  We do not guarantee the prices and availability of the products listed on this site.
 
 
 Powered By:  Now Accepting: Official Logistic Partner:
CGW logo Paypal logo DHL logo
  © 2011 comGateway. All Rights Reserved.  




Click to view this email in a browser

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please reply to this message with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line or simply click on the following link: Unsubscribe

comGateway
5 Shenton Way
#05-01
Singapore, 068808
SG

Medarticles Requesting for the 3rd time (Same articles), Please Help

Buzz It
Dear Friends;

I am in need of full text articles. Please upload here also.

Regards.
Sudheer J. (MANJU)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okpanyi SN, Ezeukwu GC. Anti-inflammatory and antipyretic activities
of Azadirachta indica. Planta Med. 1981 Jan;41(1):34-9.
DOI: 10.1055/s-2007-971670
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6972048
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B.A. Bohm, U.G. Bhat, J.M. Miller. Further studies of flavonoids in
Saxifraga. Biochemical Systematics and Ecology. Volume 12, Issue 4,
22 November 1984, Pages 367-368
DOI: 10.1016/0305-1978(84)90068-1
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6T4R-47DV7V
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Patel VK, Venkatakrishna-Bhatt H. Folklore therapeutic indigenous
plants in periodontal disorders in India (review, experimental and
clinical approach). Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther Toxicol. 1988 Apr;
26(4):
176-184.
PMID: 3042642 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3042642
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sastravaha G, Gassmann G, Sangtherapitikul P, Grimm WD. Adjunctive
periodontal treatment with Centella asiatica and Punica granatum
extracts in supportive periodontal therapy. J Int Acad Periodontol.
2005;7(3):70-79.
PMID: 16022023 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=Adjunctive%20periodontal%20tr...
http://www.biomedsearch.com/nih/Adjunctive-periodontal-treatment-with...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clark DT, Gazi MI, Cox SW, Eley BM, Tinsley GF. The effects of Acacia
arabica gum on the in vitro growth and protease activities of
periodontopathic bacteria. J Clin Periodontol. 1993;20(4):238-243.
DOI: 10.1111/j.1600-051X.1993.tb00351.x
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1600-051X.1993.tb00351.x...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gazi MI. The finding of antiplaque features in Acacia Arabica type of
chewing gum. J Clin Periodontol. 1991 Jan;18(1):75-77.
DOI: 10.1111/j.1600-051X.1991.tb01123.x
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1600-051X.1991.tb01123.x...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
You can edit your Group Email settings by visiting the following link.

http://groups.google.com/group/medarticles/subscribe

You can choose abridged email or digest email so that you will receive only one email per day.

gsk

https://secure.shareit.com/shareit/checkout.html?PRODUCT[300429992]=1&languageid=1&stylefrom=300429992&backlink=http%3A%2F%2Fforexguide.blogspot.com&cookies=1¤cies=USD&pts=VISA,MASTERCARD,AMEX,DC